Kemono Jihen - Vol. 13 Ch. 49 - Awakening

i cant be patient of reunion kabane kon🤗 woah kon is a best girl in this story
i still dont know nobimaru is vilain or not but in my mind he mignt be a villain

I think it was just hinted that nobimaru is from the same clan as kon because the whole flames that explode power that they share. Could explain why he hates Inari

@A-tan
I wish we knew why tf is Inari going out her way to eat everyone and everything but I have a feeling is going to be as disappointing as her character has been so far.

Definitely also think her reasoning will be underwhelming.
To begin, I can kinda see her being driven by her kemono desire to consume and (through whatever reason) she realised that by eating other foxes (cannibalising) she gains more strength/power than by eating humans (like 10.000 shonen have done before) and then maybe she needs to keep eating in order to maintain?
like how maybe she'll regress if she doesn't keep up?

could also be good old fashioned hubris/bad impulse control.
I mean it also kinda seems like Kaede would eat everyone left and right if he wouldn't have been kept in check.

And my bet is on Akagi dying by Kaede's flames, since fire is the thing that he admired most (and is also germ free).

Aggregator gang
@min_schlaf That's kinda what I mean by underwhelming.

Garbage impulse control ala Kaede/sewer frogs/literally any other random kemono that cant keep it together? Meh. Was done, is not bringing anything new to the table.

Gets more of a boost by consuming her own rather than humans? Could be. In lore, yokai (yeah yeah, author-chan insist they are kemono. Fuck me they are yokai) tend to predate humans because of their souls and shit. The idea is kinda there: Inari seemed like a greedy asshole and that's why she goes after the stone. Then to sustain it she eats the fox clan whose blood is literally for keeping the stone in place.

It was pointed out during Yui's arc and now through Kon's memories that those who carry the stone but aren't equipped to wield it (people from the clans who contributed to making the stones), will suffer a massive energy drainage/get messed up by it. Inari's stupid hunger is a side effect of that, is not only that she is a fatass. Why she started this by seemly going first for the stone is what remains unkown, and I'm betting is some really lame reason, too. Like "wah she is super evil!!". It really pales in comparison with the rest of the foxes we have seen so far.

Wouldn't that death be poetic.

The comment section is lit! I just watched the anime, and immediately came to the manga. Loved it!

To further elaborate on the 'lit' comment, the comments just impressed upon me that the author is tackling some ethical issues here, like the human meat farm, and the psychology of the characters. It is certainly an interesting take on what a 'monster/youkai' would think about, going back to the two main clashing ideals of 'coexistence' and 'dominance'. In the same essence, it also simulates human prejudices.

But then again, I need more time to compartmentalize and re-read the chapters to fully appreciate the author's sentiments pervading the manga.

Oina is a good kemono...sad they got eaten ;_;

Im loving how Kon is growing! In the beginning i didn't think much of her, but shes starting to touch my heart. Can't wait for the next update! Thxs for translating!

"Kon wants to feel you."
no-horny-dog-meme-pointing-finger-to-doge-and-blame-3e648fc2b855a69d0ac6ca1362d475b5.jpg

avz3qZW_700b.jpg

I read the first chapters again, and Kon eyes were so empty... Now there're full of life. I like the detail!

Users who are viewing this thread