Kemono Jihen - Vol. 13 Ch. 49 - Awakening

Dex-chan lover
it would have been so much better if inara brainwashed her or something
but turns out shes always been a brainlet

Aggregator gang
Well to nobody's surprise, Inari did actually eat everyone in Kon's family. The little flashback was great but F to everyone. I wish we knew why tf is Inari going out her way to eat everyone and everything but I have a feeling is going to be as disappointing as her character has been so far.

Overall just happy with this chapter.

@Kampfarsch She literally did all of that LMFAO. Kon wasn't only traumatized, but Inari was in possession of the Bewitching Calculus, meaning she could have very well manipulated her then really young and already vulnerable mind. You literally get told by the story how she muddied her memories and whatnot.

@daywithoutgames You literally get a page of people bathing her, do you think they didn't tend to any of her other needs? And as far as we are concerned, the snake girl is freaking useless and the only one that wasn't was the little kid, but since he is a kid, he can't do shit either and even less without a power boost from the stone they don't have anymore. Honestly is a hard agree on Kemono being a tad more realistic, because snake girl was being led by her emotion and was ready to get herself killed, but got stopped by random villager over there.

I dont know why this manga tries to present minor antagonists as sympathetic, when they are all psycopath and serial murderers.

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan No? Kon was already braindead and obsessed with being a good girl before
all inari did was go "im your mom now"

@Drey lol ikr? I couldnt care less about akagi and the other human garbage

Dex-chan lover
Little Kon??? Is there anything higher than best girl cause Kon totally deserves it. And Kabane is really giving some Kamina vibes during his talk to Kon
44b5fa64e1e0cdeaa61829443da6df41.gif

Aggregator gang
@Kampfarsch Her being fixated with that due to being a young fox back then and the impact others view's had on her at that stage of her development =/= Inari literally manipulating her and the story straight up telling you that was the case. Kon literally states it on the chapter, that Inari tampered with her memories. We Know for a fact the calculus she stole is able to manipulate people.

Now, while one could argue Kon can be a non reliable narrator, in this case I think is safe to assume she is not bullshitting and is being accurate with accussing Inari of, quoting the manga, "mudding her memories".

@Drey Because apparently is a common theme in this manga that not everything is black and white, and even the scummiest, dirtiest character has a motivation behind that somewhat huminazes them. I don't think is bad that the author shows us this, however they are far from trying to paint them as "poor babs : (((" like it happened in say, naruto for example. These characters, while they did horrible shit, also have a degree of depth which is both refreshing but also pretty interesting.

To use the current examples, Kaede is an asshole, but he does have redeeming qualities (he is sociable, charming, overall you wouldnt think he is a psycho that gets off fighting and eating people). That however is not the author saying they are morally good, but that they arent completely evil either (Inari).

I guess you could say they are presenting them as sympathetic, showing they all are trying to make it in the world they live in, being what they are. But I think is exactly why that fits so well? I mean they arent human, of course they are gonna be kinda fucked. Just look at the human farm we had a couple arcs back. No one from the main cast was feeling the least bit upset over a place like that existing lmao. Kabane also has no issues in murdering other people or kemono. Nobody in the manga is 100% good, which I think is cool.

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan
>says i didnt pay attention and something was clearly said in a chapter
>thinks kaede is sociable and nice even though theres entire chapters dedicated to showing how he is extremely self centered and doesnt care about anybody

Dex-chan lover
page 19 : i just want to point out that kon had no human money , so she probably got those ice creams by stealing / tricking a human . kon is a naughty girl , lol .

page 24 : i guess you can say : inari "swallows" a rock-hard , big "thingie" , lol .

the mangaka was just retcon the plot : inari spared the life of kon because she wanted to eat her when she is more bigger in the future . but then in chapter 7 , inari just ignored kon and didnt eat her : https://mangadex.org/chapter/433214/34

in the future , if kon can kill inari , maybe she can free oina and be united with her .

page 35 : fat tanuki guy is 95 kg , and his wife is around 30 kg , i guess he would crush his wife on bed , lol .

page 36 : i think they are talking about some naughty , kinky thing , lol

- ... could you teach kabane that "thing" for me ?
- im curious anout that "thing" .
- it has been a while , i want to see your "move" too .
- but after i married , i dont do that "thing" anymore .
- right now , kabane is still a kid so he is weak , but if you teach him about $ex and take his virginity , he will become an adult and be more stronger .

page 38 :
- a young , 'teenage" mother , she is so hot . and she changes into some skimpy clothes .
- on the carriage , i think there are the crests of tokugawa clan . and tokugawa ieyasu 's nickname is "tanuki" . i guess there is a connection .

page 41 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-second_rule .

Aggregator gang
@Kampfarsch ??? So you are like a dog that can understand tone but no context?

Kaede is literally described as the opposite of Akagi, and includes being sociable and friendly. Is not a matter of opinion, is a fact.

I didn't say you didn't pay attention, either. I merely pointed out what was said in the chapter. If you want to be obtuse on purpose because idk, you are butthurt or smth you do you.

Seeing things in black and white is a very childish thing btw. I'm glad more manga are trying to give nuance to their characters, but I guess is going to be hard for people who can't understand varying degrees of grey are a thing. Sad.

Aggregator gang
@daywithoutgames Nah that isnt a plot hole. Inari has been stablished as the type of character that not only acts extremely whimsical but also will probably hunt you down when she deems the time is right.

In Kon's case, she forgot about her because she was incompetent (like she would to any other kitsune serving her that fails her), however in this chapter they point out the reason she kept Kon and ate her entire family was so she could properly control the Bewitching calculus, given Kon's clan has the power to do so (something-something bloodlines). Kon gets spared due to two things: 1) she was away when shit hits the fan and 2) she was too small at the moment to be a significant boost, waiting for her to grow up and THEN eat her would have been more efficient as an energy suply.

I guess this chapter also explains why Inari is obsessed with eating people. If she doesn't do it she can't manage the shitload of stolen calculus she has.

Users who are viewing this thread