Kenja no Mago - Vol. 12 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
huh so the pope and president of Els federation are kinda like Shin's Aunt and Uncle . . .okay

Dex-chan lover
@joel7686 hmm what you said makes sense, that he's just making light of the situation. But i think what really puts me off is how he's irresponsible not aware of the gravity of the situation to the point that his granny needs to step up for him BUUUUUT it's still badass how granny fucks with the three major country heads loooool

@GridLite i 100% agreed with you in general, i just had to comment because of that particular situation, he is kinda disconnected on this aspect that is true.
There is one other isekai called Maken no Daydreamer that this aspect of not being aware of the situation is the main plot point and its pretty good, i think you will like it.

@Tych

I am not sure if my memory serves me right because I read the wn long time ago, but the pope is actually considered as shin's mother. When she follows marlin and merida on their journey long time ago, she has a relationship (or married already) with merida and marlin' son. He died later on before they could have a child, so she was considered as shin's mother in the family

Dex-chan lover
@GridLite The promise wasn't Shin's idea, it was his 'grandparents' idea. Also though Shin doesn't know how politics work in this world really either. So yes he's unaware of the gravity of what just happened, cause he barely understands how important the pope is here. But also, he intends to save the world either way, and get involved. It is his grandparents that put up the barrier and told everyone not to initiate and let Shin decide. So it makes perfect sense that his grandmother is the one speaking up, despite how much we want to see him get angry.

@Ghajik I think those people were more confused about the 'angel of god' title that came out of nowhere, they thought it was translation errors or something I guess since it was a new group. But even in the other group's releases it was "Magic King" so anyone saying it didn't used to be that just wasn't paying attention.

@joel7686 Not quite so, remember that he was in Japan before reincarnated in this world and the majority of the population is in Shinto which is a form of Buddhism, which is a religion. So, he is more like a casual religious as that doesn't require to be dedicated. So praying whenever you need it or pray for money or school is still considered as being of the religion.

Double-page supporter
They takes a light step to handle this situation. I wonder even with that, it wouldn't just be easy.

I have slightly disagree on how author handle it. But, it's not bad, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
A bit sad she didn't try to excuse her actions by claiming that shin actually is sent by god. Could have been fun if they were confronted with the fact that he is suspicious a.f.

@feha Even if the Pope said that, i think grandma wouldn't care. Both grandparents seems to only care about Shin's well being.

Shin needs to take notes from grandma: in a situation that isn't favorable to you? GATE.

Dex-chan lover
@joel7686 i read that one but was creeped off since it feels like the MC is in a simulation then someone will just strike a casual remark "hey, you're day dreaming aren't you", or something like the author kinda force the idea or situation that the MC is delusional and someone knew it like they're a doctor lmao it's weird af but maybe I'll re-read it just to give it another shot of perspective.

@WillLi hence the point "irresponsibly oblivious" despite being reincarnated, like i mean that he's basically a kid that needs constant supervision or might cause mayhem AND chaos lmao well i guess that's what the author wants without a hint of character development since he's a troublemaker since chapter 1 lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
Still you're right that it makes perfect sense and that's more the reason it ticks me off like you know, reading the shield-hero then MC gets fucked over by the whole queendom so i kinda have trust issues sorry lol

@Ghajik
Wait, you used public tank scans and then saved them with a low quality jpg to boot? And because when you saved in png (with RGB, transparency and probably no even compressed) and it got over 100 MB, you decided to save them into jpg with as low quality as possible to the point when you can even see artifacts with a naked eye? Let me facepalm even harder.
And no, it's not mangadex problem. Though since you used upscaled LQ raws that a-zmanga shitting out, there's no point blaming you for them being shit to begin with. Your fault is that you used them, and then saved into LQ jpg to kill scans even more, instead of using freely available big scans from web-ace, cleaning them properly from jpg artifacts and saving into 8bit/grayscale png.

Biamam haven't uploaded for 4 months
How about contacting them and offer your help with it, so you could learn a thing or two from them? No?

Well, you asked for corrections to grammar, so here's one for you: On page 56, it should be "effect", not "affect". That mistake is made FAR too often, not just by "scanlation groups". It is along the same lines as switching "rouge" and "rogue".

I suggest looking up both terms in a dictionary to tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread