Kenja no Mago - Vol. 4 Ch. 12

Group Leader
Well i just came back from ch27 where theyre mentioned.
I still cant get over how stupid these swords are. No army ever would use this crap.
Theyre more difficult to produce, so thell break more easily and are more expensive.
You could just aswell pick up a weapon from the ground because in war people tend to die.
Looking at the mechanism the sword would be super wobbly at best,
more likely that itll fall out of the grip in a few hits rather than you actually killing anything with it.
Siiiigh ... that thing is just so stupid

I prefer these dumb swords over the cliched katana-like swords every fucking isekai MC has...

Dex-chan lover
Lol page 45...

Zest has no fucks to give. Banter? Who needs that when you can just disintegrate the enemy?

The sword would probably immediately break in a real fight though

I wish the author had put in more effort to make it seem more believable

Dex-chan lover
I get that their emperor sucked or w/e, but why did he put his full trust in some random guy's report?

I don't really get how they're mass-producing the swords if each requires magic enhancement. Or do they not require enhancement and instead they're just fragile disposable blades? If that's the case, I don't really understand their value over more durable, reliable weapons.

@Gosaenz I could not agree more! xD

Fed-Kun's army
why the fuck did he let them go? did he want them to spread his glory around the world? wouldn't that be dangerous if every other kingdom joined together and launched their assault on him? this looks retarded to me.

Dex-chan lover
@bushwhacker2k The swords are specifically not enchanted they way Shin wanted the design for. Just easily replaceable blades. If they had the enchantments Shin came up with, Merlin would've already taken his not-wife and his sort-of-grandson and left the country. So yes, it's kind of dumb that they're using the things at all, but like you and Gosaenz I also prefer this over more Glorious Nippon Steel™. At least the author tried something different, even if it kind of flopped. Not that it's super original either though, the idea might've come from AoT's replaceable razor blade looking sword blades.

Users who are viewing this thread