Kesa Mo Yuraretemasu - Ch. 8 - They're still discussing this morning

Dex-chan lover
Part of me was expecting Kirishima to suddenly drop the "I'm gay" bomb, but this is a better outcome. Bro's a wingman, and that's respectable.

Dex-chan lover
Its like idiotic slow burn romance, with a bunch of side characters that work like some kinda narrators and/or plot pushers. Normally I would get fed up with it in like 2 chapters, but the way this dude draws the expressions/faces just makes this comedy gold and I can't stop reading.

Dex-chan lover
What a rollercoaster. I'm reading a lot of things lately that are pretty bad at characterization, so it's always wonderful to come back to something like this that can keep you at the edge of your seat for such low stakes.

And it's also great to see the absolutely untoxic masculinity of someone like Kirishima. At first he's presented as some pretty typical foil, but then he really comes through as such a role model. Someone who understands the value of different experiences, and that it isn't a competition. And who just wants his friend to appreciate himself. How much better would society be if more people were like him?

Edit: also how is this only chapter 8? I feel like we're 30 chapters in already. This is the power of proper writing...

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the eternal debate of quantity over quality....

The boy has Shiragami levels of Master of Romance written all over him :lul:

Dex-chan lover
God damn it. When I read "This kid's laps behind" me brain automatically went "Definitely not streets ahead".

EDIT: Also Kirishima clearly has some kind of low-key super power like from Jitsu Wa, bet on it.

Users who are viewing this thread