Kimi ga Shinu Made Ato 100 Nichi

Contributor
PSA : This came before croc 100 days manga. This is the OG of 100 days

Dex-chan lover
"Not long after, Tarou finds that Umi only has 100 days to live!"

I've experienced my fair share of waiting for boy/girl to die series and my heart refuses to put itself through the experience again.

Fed-Kun's army
What is it, a japanization of the crocodile, who was Japanese to begin with?

(no, I know that the Croc came later)

(I remember the Lie in April thing. By the end everyone was screaming for her to die already and get it over with. The Croc was a complete opposite of it.)

I think she has an unidentified heart condition ,so when tarou make her heart race so face from love will trigger an attack which will send her to the hospital to have it found and fixed so that she can be saved!

Double-page supporter
The decreasing numbers in the cover pictures are really stressing me out.

The days countdown doesn't even matter if it increases and decreases so often. The premise doesn't make sense to me.

Group Leader
It only clicked now for me, but this series is really similar to Memento Memori, it's just less depressing... or not

@VooXoo no, i would say croc is a 'genre' on its own, and maybe even the first on its genre

the concept of limited lifespan is not that rare (at least i can remember instant bullet and 3 days of happiness - and ib's concept in particular is really similar with this story-). it's about knowing your limit so you do your best with what you have left

meanwhile croc is entirely different, it's about how you live your life giving complete ignorance to the inevitable. remove the life counter and change the title to "daily life of croc" and it will become typical SOL manga. the counter is there to give us (the reader) a dreadful atmosphere that otherwise wouldn't be there

this is also why i think hata fail to adopt this genre. while you can enjoy his work as generic romcom, unlike death, you need progress for romance. and with all the progress that happens every chapter you can guess what will happen. making the counter completely unnecessary except for being extra burden for the author. i think his manga would work better if he just use booked ending ala toubun

Dex-chan lover
@ikhwan26
I think I understand what you mean, Croc was the first of that genre with the story limited to 1000 chapters and every day is 1 chap.
Croc author could have got the idea from this manga, or another one with the same premise released before that we don't know about it, the idea could have been used before easily.
The 100 days manga made from the Hayate mangaka is a failure for me too, not as much as the 2 getting close pretty fast and the ending being clear but the author being unable to keep the genre style on, I put it on hiatus and will read it n a go when it ends.
For being clear, thatmangaka made like 4-5 of chapters flashbacks of what happened in a single day, therefore it didn't respect the title.
It happened not even at 30 chapters so I can only imagine it getting worse.
I understand the author being busy with his weekly manga, but he should have done longer strips or a different plot development, he just jumped on the trend not ready for the work.

The real countdown is the number of chapters before translator-kun hits chapter 21 and cannot find raws anymore

Dex-chan lover
It occurs to me this guy could be major valuable in hospitals. The negative case is almost more important: "No, this one looks bad but I don't see a number. They're gonna live!" Triage godsend.

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy How does continuity work in this universe tho? Does knowing that a patient will live will make the hospital put less resources on them which caused the patient's death or is everything absolute and even if the hospital does nothing the patient's body will just sort itself out?

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Well, her numbers clearly change based on circumstances. We don't know why she's got a time limit, so we don't know why things that happen have been changing her number, but it's definitely been happening. If it was all absolute her number would just be going down by one every day and this would be a more depressing and boring manga.
So changes of plans by the hospital would change the prognosis. But that just makes it better. You have him hanging around when you make decisions. You say, "OK, we're going to go ahead with the operation, we've got it planned for tomorrow!" Then if he sees the patient's number go down to 1, you can do a rethink.

Yandere is probably a red herring. Common trope for this type of stories is the mc dying/almost dying right? And if the girl dies before him that's pretty anti-climatic.

Well, i guess its time to drop this manga. I couldn't take this drama. I think i will read again after this completed, i really want to know the ending afterall

Users who are viewing this thread