Kimi no Koe - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Your Voice Is

Dex-chan lover
Is there more incomin shitty dramas in the next volume cuz i cant bear this anymore
If so , someone spoil me pls....

Aggregator gang
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WTF IS THIS CLIFFHANGER????????

Dex-chan lover
So fucking dumb. Most forced conflict I've ever seen.

"And then, and then, a fucking earthquake hits!!!!"

Edit: just read the spoilers. Jfc.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Lmao all the people getting salty - my dudes it's a drama shoujo set during Taisho, and the mangaka's previous work was almost as melodramatic.

Embrace it, revel in it.

Dex-chan lover
Random earthquake was not on my bingo card of bullshit that happens to add unnecessary drama.

Dex-chan lover
Please don’t leave us on a cliff hanger, I need to to know what happens next. Thank you for updating d I’m sure a voice filled with love is lovely to hear

Dex-chan lover
WTF. Did Editor-san decide this arc wasn't dramatic enough already? This plot twist comes off as little more than a shitty contrivance, and it's going to blight this wonderful story if author-san doesn't use more skill in resolving it than she did setting it up.

Double-page supporter
Fun Fact: It's physically impossible to write a manga taking place in Taisho without the Kanto Earthquake being a major plot device.

Dex-chan lover
All the drama that's happened the past chapters, I wonder if the author intended for more chapters and just decide to let it go all to rabble after being sentenced the duration of their publication. The last chapter was cliche and if not disgusting. But for most of this series, I genuinely enjoyed how the author portrayed the main couple. If anything, they achieved infamy with the shock value this chapter provided.

Double-page supporter
omg i was anxious waiting for this chapter only to get anxious for next chapter gdi

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Such a lovely manga. So glad I found it! Not a huge fan of the cliffhanger though. :v

Supporter
I'm not talking about historical accuracy, I'm questioning the narrative timing and execution. This timing and placement is so abrupt that it risks taking readers out of the experience because it is so suddenly depicted and for reasons so obvious. The way it was drawn also makes it not work well, for me. If they had taken more time to show the earthquake and have the two of them running from it, then that would have felt less mechanical. Instead it's the last sudden page. It's all too coincidental because it's all too abrupt and badly placed within the chapter by chapter format. And we all know why it was done that way (which is part of the issue).
Then there's what happens after this event that, to me, is even worse but we'll get there when we do.
This event doesn't feel natural to the story developments. It needs more than just being in that time period.
And again what results from this event just compounds the obvious decisions the author is making to manufacture drama in ways that are to me unnecessary and cliche. The routes they choose to go in are melodramatic but maybe when we get there others will disagree.
Yea. I get that there needs to be conflict of some sort to stay "interesting", but t his is just bullshit. Blonde dude was annoying enough, but to pull shit shit right after what happened was stupid IMO. Pretty much killed any interest I had left in the series because if the author pulls this shit I can just imagine the drama they will force in in the future. Fuck I will be amazed if there isn't a memory loss arc or two.

Users who are viewing this thread