Kimitte Watashi no Koto Suki Nandesho? - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
The novel this is based on was axed at two volumes, both volumes are out in English by Tentai.

Dex-chan lover
i liked the premise but it's really dragging and any manga where you need to show onlookers talking about how FMC totally looks like a model is an instant -3/10. it's a fucking visual medium, why are you telling and not showing?

Dex-chan lover
Friendly reminder that while this Manga is very cute, it does not depict a healthy relationship/dating that you should model your attitude after.

From the male side, it is incredibly unhealthy and damaging to a relationship to be unable to validate your feelings, it doesn't have to be spoken, just let them know you care about them even if you're embarrassed to say it out loud. Acting like Mc will make them think you aren't that interested in them.

From the female side, continuously toying with the other person and effectively leading them along to the point they think you're making fun of them or aren't serious will never, ever, ever, get you a healthy lasting relationship. Just be upfront and honest and if they're doubting you, do your best to alleviate those doubts without being playful.

Dex-chan lover
So, the problem I have with this story is twofold. First, the ML is quickly becoming insufferable. Sure, he seems to have some sort of trauma, and he is clearly gloomy and lacking confidence, fine. But he is squandering this chance that has been handed to him by constantly second guessing himself.

However, that would be fine if the FL was able to carry to story. Which brings us to my second problem; she can't. Sure, she's cute, but the teasing is both unnecessary and counterintuitive. Teasing has its place in relationships, but not in the very start of one, and ESPECIALLY not with someone with confidence issues like the ML. It makes the FL appear flippant and not serious about developing a proper relationship.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't catch that. I started trying to find a reference to it in previous chapters.

It will be interesting (hopefully) to see why his own book caused him trauma.
Probably similar to reformed chuunibyous. They have 'dark pasts' that they'd want to forget, but never could.

Dex-chan lover
d7f940eaa5a4787941d26506fc5e93f1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Pretty good date episode. I still can't figure out her endgame.
To date him and see if she develops the same feelings for him that she has for her…….. kind of what it’s been about the whole time…..

Dex-chan lover
It will be interesting (hopefully) to see why his own book caused him trauma.
It's probably a case of him writing it years ago and he looks back on it now with a new perspective as something cringeworthy, even if it's not that bad. Like reading back your texts to people from years ago for example, is likely to trigger the same reaction.

Dex-chan lover
She even suddenly stopped teasing and became considerate for a second the moment she saw the book, so I doubt it's a simple case of past-cringe. I understand cringing at your past work to the point of being traumatized, but Senpai's reaction made me think it's something else.

It's probably got something to do with someone who used to approach him for being a writer then finding out that he wasn't all that, then leaving him with scathing remarks as a person, which became the source of trauma. Or it could also be a case of critique bashing his work and making him stop writing or too afraid to connect to people. Could also be a case of simple failure to sell making him lose confidence. The fact that Senpai knew that the book traumatized him could also hint at it not being a very private affair, but she seemed plenty close and comfortable with him so I'm not really sure.

There are many ways this could play out. Putting yourself out there represented by a work of art is really something personal.

Dex-chan lover
This dude's reactions are honestly ridiculous.
GOING ON A DATE? WHILE WE'RE DATING? WHAT THE FUCK? HOLDING HANDS? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND, YOU HARLOT?

Dex-chan lover
I have to point out how hard this would be. Suddenly holding the far handle of your bike and walking it without instantly tripping over the petal?
IMG_20240401_184121.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread