Kindan Shitei de Breakthrough - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Fed-Kun's army
@Ixiaz Well said. Usually these types of protagonists are angsty and/or have rather petty motives but I can sympathize with this kid.

Dex-chan lover
in the end im curious of what happen next in this story and decided to read/skim the raw WN
He got harem and this become somehow typical shonen battle story. And he screw his parent twice directly, so its cool for me. Well at least seeing the parent struggling to catch and trying to reconcile with him is kinda heart-warming for me, even chasing him into demon territory and realizing how great their son has become
Btw, poor princess she got smacked hard by our dense MC, at least she finally confess her tsundere-ness is terrible for him directly

Fed-Kun's army
@deathmailrock You need more than just material goods to live a good life and achieve self-actualization. His entire life has been him getting compared to his father, a legendary figure who stumbled his way to success during a chaotic time, and the children of other legendary figures. His constant failures against his father's achievements and his peers has lead his parents to have 0 faith that he'll succeed in his endeavors against them.

maslow-needs2.webp

Look at this image for what I mean by self-actualization. He has the 2 most important ones but having just that makes you no different than being a pet. If it wasn't for the fact the demon lord showed up I wouldn't be surprised if the MC eventually killed himself or went full on evil because he's clawing at anything in order to get out of this hole of despair he's in. The sad part is that he's not unskilled but he's being constantly measured against the top .0000000001% of the population.

@Hollow7F @FgoSegul
He wasn’t losing the match, in fact it was pretty one sided from him until his rival started using his secret technique, so he pulled out his own. Immediately the whole crowd goes wild and flips seeing the demon king’s spiral and the maid freaks out cause her parents died to it. He then punches his father, feels worse, and the worst part is the entire time the whole audience is talking about much of a shame he is cause he slapped away the princess’ hand. So he drills away and runs

Dex-chan lover
@Petnavis
To expand on what you have said, he's also been neglected by his parents, his father constantly expects more of him even though he never teaches him a thing while also expecting him to become the best swordsman in the world like him (treynar told earth directly his abilities are more skewed towards martial arts melee, not swordsmanship, meaning his father never thought for a second his son might have other talents), his mother is never home and rarely sees him, and both of them do nothing to help his self esteem that they are both partly responsible for breaking down, while sadith is closer to a parental figure than they are, but even she doesn't cheer him on well and expects him to never match his father, is it any surprise that
He has a mind break at the tournament when he for once in his life, proves he's stronger than everyone thinks, and the first thing everyone does, his parents and sadith included, is berate and insult him?, which causes him to run away?

Honestly, it's a miracle that earth is as well adjusted as he is after that.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Fuck i am really into this story.
I may be evil since i love all this emotional drama between the MC and his parents, the maid, his peers.

Can wait for the bomb which is the name of his teacher/mentor.

Funny how the evil demon king is more a father figure than his father, the mankind hero XD

I read some of the spoilers in comments about how he lose Sadith (its was mention first in chapter 3)
So my questios is, he get back with her or they never reconcile? In my opinion she is better than the princess.

@Nikolassur92 I don't know myself in what way it is/was, regarding Sadith. But I personally feel like she isn't worth it if she hates him after raising him since small, over a skill he used. She should know best how hard he's been trying his whole life.

@Nikolassur92
after he ran away, everyone close to him basically loses their shit and went to search for him to apologize. His parents finally realized how much of a shitty parent they were, Sadith is depressed over her reaction towards his skill, his childhood friend for the first time actually understood what he went through.
It was obvious that they cared about him, but it's a mess caused by lack of communication.

Dex-chan lover
So, his mother was absent, father never really acted as a father, they let a onesan to raise their son, the princess never told him that she loves him and treat him strict... Everyone took that their relationship with the MC was great without proper chatting with him about, nobody really acted as a caring person towards the MC, only the demon lord... "I am sorry" is not enough, they are so stupid to not see it coming, especially the Father, he should give his son advices and confidence to not feel small...

Dex-chan lover
@Nikolassur92
Sadith is the first person to reach MC from all of the chasing and she got some time accompanying him in his adventure/training. They also reconcile in the end, even MC finally told about the demon lord to Sadith (Sadith is the only person MC told about the Demon Lord haunting him). Sadith, respecting the MC choice and acknowledge the Demon Lord as the first person to understand MC, decided to let him continue training with the Demon Lord even tough she know it's the same Demon Lord who destroyed her village. Well in the end it's revealed that the Demon Lord is not really that bad tough
Anyway, considering his harem in the latest WN, i think Sadith got the biggest lead among the other moeblob chasing him
All of his friend from the city in the end managed to catch-up with him and reconcile with the MC. The only one he doesn't want to meet and have proper talk is his parent tough

Users who are viewing this thread