Kindan Shitei de Breakthrough - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

:''''''(
omg, i feel awful for him
I really hope that as soon as the match is over, win or lose, he just bounces; off on a journey to get stronger by doing the same things the demon king did

ALSO, i am DESPERATELY hoping that there isnt a trap demon king fakeout, just make him a guy who MC gets close with, and not this "demon king is my gf" clumsiness

Dex-chan lover
@FgoSegul from previous heavy spoilers:
he was losing the match so he used a spell that only the demon king used, this triggered the maid PTSD memories and made her broke down coz the demon lord killed her parents and her village, the mc parents found her and took her, then his father denounces him for using that magic and the whole stadium turns against him, and he ends having to run away, completely fucked...so nope! shit is not gonna get better for this poor dude,i dont know what happens next but really want to know...

Dex-chan lover
@Ryou_Edenist How so? He's treated really well and given the best treatment in the entire kingdom. At most, people don't believe in him.

People not believing in him is not a very good reason to hate them. He's been given a golden spoon and lived among the best life.

Dex-chan lover
dang the kid didn't even try to understand. the parents didn't try to hope. what a mess of a family

Fed-Kun's army
@deathmailrock
you don't get immediately tossed aside when you use magic that a demon used, they figure out why you know it first. yes he is treated well, but is also apparently immediately discarded, that aint a good life

After all this tension, if he wins it would be really awkward in the end...
I don't see that solving the issue...

Dex-chan lover
That's rough buddy, to have not even your own parents believe in you.

thanks alot lads, kinda sad... hope he will beat all the hurdles and win, even his parents...

"Ultimately, no matter what we do or say or believe, there will always be a great many who disagree or judge or ridicule or become upset by our decisions. But it is of essential importance that we try as often as possible to ensure that among those people our self is not one of them" -Robert Pantano

imma left this quote here

Fed-Kun's army
@deathmailrock
He's treated really well and given the best treatment in the entire kingdom. At most, people don't believe in him.

People not believing in him is not a very good reason to hate them. He's been given a golden spoon and lived among the best life.

This. Normally a kid like that would be seen as spoiled. But I think it's a good thing that the manga makes a case for a person like that.

From his pov, his parents not believing in him is the worst thing imaginable because he had not experienced anything worse. But can you really blame him for feeling this way?

Other manga would have made the parents evil to make sure that we emphasize with the mc. This one did not (so far) and that's pretty neat.

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock

He has gone his entire life, from cradle until present day, being compared to his father in literally everything he does. He has trained himself until his hands bled, studied until passing out and tried his best at everything he's ever done. He has never got a single word of acknowledgement from anyone, only being compared to his father and how he seemingly does not match up to him or anyone of the heroes kids. The world around him has spent the entire time forcing him into a bad fitting mold of his father without sparing a single thought as to whether or not he even shares the same talents.

The reason he's so unhappy is that he has spent 16 years being a told he's not good enough to match up against his father or his peers. His childhood friend has spent her entire life cutting him off socially because she's a possessive tsundere who can only vocalise her affection as passive aggressive slander and off hand remarks against him.

Users who are viewing this thread