Kindan Shitei de Breakthrough - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
@alidan He wasn't discarded, he ran away.

@plastic_sludge I actually like the MC. I do understand that his life wasn't bad, but I also understand him too. His parents weren't overly bad, but you can clearly make complaints about them as well.

@Petnavis He actually does have friends and loved ones... he just doesn't fully realize it because they were always with him since he was too young
Also, because he causes a scare, he misunderstands it as them actually not liking him
. And for feelings of accomplishment, that's the one area he's lacking just because his dad was way too amazing... and while that sucks, that's not really a fault that could be blamed on anyone. That's just something that sucks. And the final point is controversial. That said, it's not like he doesn't get any prestige and respect.

It's just that because he's always being compared to others that it over shadows the prestige and respect he gets. Also, the fact that until he recently got an over powered teacher, he really did have absolutely no chance.

@Ixiaz The childhood friend part was just a comic misunderstanding created for the sole purpose of comedy. At worst, the only real annoying thing is the fact that she doesn't let him know she likes him. Just needlessly causing him to misunderstand. He's not actually ostracized by his peers. He's given space. But because he doesn't know that, he's meant to feel like he's ostracized..

And I'm not denying that his dad being too amazing kinda made him have a hard act to follow. That's true. And it does suck. But that's not an excuse to want to kill people (note what I'm replying to in that comment).

And frankly, what can anyone do about it? He's naturally going to be compared. He's naturally going to be viewed and pitted against his peers... he's the weakest among his friends and it's only recently that he got an OP teacher.

Dex-chan lover
His parents aren't abusive at least, but they still suck at being parents. :/

Double-page supporter
@NotFunstuff Just something regarding the usage of thee/thou/thy.
Thou is used at the beginning of ideas/clauses, as the subject or the doer of an action: "Thou are(art) a fool"/ "Thou dare face me?" The equivalent first person form would be "I."
Thee is used at the end of ideas/clauses, as the object being acted upon: "I sentence thee to death." The equivalent first person form would be "me."
Thy is used as a possessive form, equivalent to "your": "I request thy name" The equivalent first person form would be "my."

Examples:
Page 1, last panel: "We are within thy mind."
Page 2, 4th panel: "To begin with, the reason thou and I can converse..."
Page 2, 5ht panel: "Therefore, when I use VR, I end up in the same dream as thee." (No correction)

It's a little off-putting when it's mostly just "thee," like a caveman always saying me instead of I.

now that I read the novel I honestly can't read this, the novel does such a good job at portraying the internal struggles of eirth but here its just all skipped I guess that's all you're going to get with a manga adaptation

Dex-chan lover
@Azizk95
I read directly from the original web novel link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9185fm/
Its totally in japanese, but if you use google translate, you can at least understand what happened

When the heroes are so shit at being parents the demon lord is a better parent than both combined

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm I remember this more sad, the struggle about his parents before the match. Mom looks so Young, I imagined a milf character but looks younger than the maid lol.

Mc had a good life if we talk about normal life, even as a royalty he had everything but the pride of being himself, of being called by his name, not by the title of the hero's son. His parents didnt know about his struggles and in the moment when they could be for him
they abandoned him, instead he got yelled because of a skill, when no one noticed how hard he tried, even if his friends knew he was the weakest, they shouldnt be a jerks like the emo wanna e swordman friend, he got too full of himself that he forgot the tiny things about his friend. The princess is the stupidest tsundere here, she gave 0% of progress to mc, I mean, she couldnt exist and the story would still be good without her. No one is at fault about he being the son of a hero, not even about the hero... Being a hero that killed the demon lord, but the parents were bad as such, so in the end in glad he run from the tournament when everybody showed him their back

Dex-chan lover
@Tamoemami Yeah...

At least Mami realizes how shit of a parent she's been once he does leave, Hiro probably did as well. Saditz even realizes how awful she was to him in the moment and realizes how strong he got within... What, 2 months? Something that no one else seems to have noticed, anyway. Honestly, I really like Shinano the best of the girls interested in him. She's stalkerish, but she's not actively trying to force him into a relationship in an underhanded fashion. At least that I've noticed.

I think the worst part of the whole situation is the childhood friends- They're all incredibly strong and I think were being trained personally by their parents, but Earth is the only one who wasn't and was simply performing a mimcry of his father.

I don't know if they're stupid or just doing it on purpose basically no one is excluded they're acting like mc is fine heck they don't even put much thought into their words still mc too should try let them understand him a even for a little instead he always get sway by his emotions, but one thing for sure is that mc is going to be greatly influenced by Treynar more so than the one that spent more time with him and im looking forward to that.

What a terrible mom. I also hate his parents always going off trying to say get better, but not helping or encouraging. Are they trying to bring about the same pains of their childhood or do they truly not know what their child needs? In a sense I push you and treat you way I do so you don’t have to feel the same pain I did. Big sadness in your eyes, but small in the overall scheme of things.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah. I always forget pretty much all the manga have a webnovel or light novel.

I usually dislike Japanese novels, idk why just the writing style or pacing. Korean ones have the same issue but only some of them, probably copied the Japanese style. Chinese webnovels usually are the best for me but again depends.

I'll probably read this novel when it's complete and fully translated. I've read far too many that end up dropped mid translation to never be picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread