Kingdom - Ch. 755 - Fated Day

Dex-chan lover
"We've supplemented our fighting strength with mercenaries" is kinda meaningless, when said mercenary is coming from your own troops.

"We've supplemented our fighting strength with mercenaries" is kinda meaningless, when said mercenary is coming from your own troops.
The country still pay their troops or army, so I think mercenaries not so different than regular troops. More over the (will be) mercenaries is former Great General's troops, their exp and skill is higher than newbie or concript, and there more pros but cons also. Anyway mercenaries still better than bandit.

Dex-chan lover
The country still pay their troops or army, so I think mercenaries not so different than regular troops. More over the (will be) mercenaries is former Great General's troops, their exp and skill is higher than newbie or concript, and there more pros but cons also. Anyway mercenaries still better than bandit.
I'm not that clear about how regular troops work back in the day, but Kanki's men are probably expected to regroup and just rejoin the army normally instead of splitting off and expect to get hired. It's like if American soldiers in desert, and then offer themselves for hire to their own government.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not that clear about how regular troops work back in the day, but Kanki's men are probably expected to regroup and just rejoin the army normally instead of splitting off and expect to get hired. It's like if American soldiers in desert, and then offer themselves for hire to their own government.
The comparison isn't fair, USA military during those times had (and have) too much "American" identity to do it, and the government has enough power to hunt them down wherever they go and deal with the deserters.

On the times of the warrying states the governments weren't as solidified, a bunch of a few hundred soldiers could desert and make their lives as mercenaries because there was no cheap or sure way for the regular army to stop them. Even small villages could just ignore any law or mandate that didn't suit them, and it would take a fair amount of time before the army could do something about it. That is why in those times, and all around the world it was fairly common for also militar leaders to betray the government and take control for themselves.

Dex-chan lover
The comparison isn't fair, USA military during those times had (and have) too much "American" identity to do it, and the government has enough power to hunt them down wherever they go and deal with the deserters.

On the times of the warrying states the governments weren't as solidified, a bunch of a few hundred soldiers could desert and make their lives as mercenaries because there was no cheap or sure way for the regular army to stop them. Even small villages could just ignore any law or mandate that didn't suit them, and it would take a fair amount of time before the army could do something about it. That is why in those times, and all around the world it was fairly common for also militar leaders to betray the government and take control for themselves.
Well yeah, I'm just saying you won't expect your troops to regroup and then proudly say they're gonna desert when they're so close to another great general's army. Pretty sure this is ground for execution, and it's not like there's any customers for Kanki's former men other than Qin in that area.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of hoped that they would join Shin's army but oh well... It could still happen in the future though.
As the story implies, remnants of Kanki army will eventually join, however they probably won't join (as mercenary band) until Shin becomes a great general.
Because Hara gives some Saki clan members identities by unmasking them, he should have plan to use those characters again in future.

Last edited:
This manga has taken a nose dive in terms of story and pacing, I skipped 200+ chapters and decided to go ahead to the latest chapters to see what's up. Still using that dumb surprised look eh.. MC still isn't on his general mindset grind either.... dropped until it improves(it wont) or ends

Users who are viewing this thread