Kingdom - Ch. 758 - Trickery and Deception

cgr

Dex-chan lover
Shin, time to do your job as an idiot hot-blooded shonen seinen MC:

Convince one of the greatest geniuses in your nation's history to join your side, with barely any prep-time, in front of a large audience,

Despite having no formal education in public speaking, debate, philosophy nor psychology

If you fail, you are not a true talk-no-jutsu MC,

No pressure.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
0wMfLY9.png

I love this.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter. I hope Relax-san is not going to be crazy on this arc.

Dex-chan lover
While a shame you couldn't keep it in the title, thank you for properly explaining the original title and its meaning!

Dex-chan lover
In my opinion, people born good but when they hangry it made them evil
People aren't born good or evil; they simply choose to become either or depending on their nature and their nurture (devilish circumstances can cause even the brightest heart to darken, it is said, but that doesn't mean that it will, either). Babies choose to be evil. :p

Dex-chan lover
Usually in story beats like these, I typically expect the MC to be fluent all of a sudden and sway the heart of the other party. Y'know, typical MC asspulls if it's not in their character.

Not this time, because I have respect to the author's ingenuity. Shin fumbling this time while they think of a contingency plan to act out later seems more like it.

Dex-chan lover
all children of the sun are born equal - nothing - plain blank canvases that rely on survival and guilt. In hunger, you may slay another to consume its flesh and soul, and upon your belly's fullness, you may regret. This is the way.

Alas, as the wise saying goes: Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Dex-chan lover
Usually in story beats like these, I typically expect the MC to be fluent all of a sudden and sway the heart of the other party. Y'know, typical MC asspulls if it's not in their character.

Not this time, because I have respect to the author's ingenuity. Shin fumbling this time while they think of a contingency plan to act out later seems more like it.
Tbf, Shin can have a very suprising yet relevant answer. He is a man who I can say rising from dirt with a spice of destiny (somehow he befriended the king, raise in rank, and become a general). Now he already see Kanki way of life too, in terms of experience he already seen many.

Dex-chan lover
Shin stutters too much in these scenes, almost like a background character
this was fine hundreds of chapters ago, now it's stupid, as if he had no presence

Dex-chan lover
Personally I’d say people are born neither good nor evil and everyone grows up to have various shades of grey in them.

Dex-chan lover
Shin, time to do your job as an idiot hot-blooded shonen seinen MC:

Convince one of the greatest geniuses in your nation's history to join your side, with barely any prep-time, in front of a large audience,

Despite having no formal education in public speaking, debate, philosophy nor psychology

If you fail, you are not a true talk-no-jutsu MC,

No pressure.
This was my immediate thought! "Oh god, he's questioning the dumbest person in that room on the abstract nature of humanity as a whole. Somehow Shin is carrying all the weight for recruiting this guy or losing him." but I figure he's doing it since he knows about Shin's relationship with Qin's King.

Users who are viewing this thread