Kingdom - Ch. 791 - Other People's Wars

Dex-chan lover
I hope Ribokus executions involves his tongue getting cut out so noone has to listen to his drivel anymore

Shounen should be banned from writing talk no jutsu dialogue, it wasn't good in dbz it was horrible in nardo it's still bad here

Dex-chan lover
Maybe because it was normal for people in power to be pedos. It's still normal now.
it's also normal for people in power to be psychopaths, that doesn't mean it should be seen as ok, just like killing your enemy is normal but that doesn't mean mass murder of civilians and POWs should be ok...

Fed-Kun's army
Riboku's sense of morality truly is his undoing. He wants to avoid conflict between nations, but he always wants to do things by the book.
If shunsuiju hadnt arranged for the late king's assassination, zhao wouldve already fallen.
The main reason he hasnt given up on zhao is because he believes sei is a crazy warmonger. There were many ways he couldve killed sei without having to go into all out war. He doesnt wish to destroy qin after all, he just wants sei's ambition to die with him.
Riboku has had many chances to resolve the qin invasion with the least amount of bloodshed, but he would have to get his hands dirty to do it, so he wont do it. He hates the idea of being seen as a bad guy.
"Oh but ignoring the rules would make every state gang up on zhao" then go rogue! Break up your ties with zhao! Hell, zhao already kicked you out once.

Tldr: riboku wants to do "whatever it takes" to maintain peace, but he cares too much about his own image to actually do whatever it takes.

P.S. shunsuiju wouldve probably done it if given the chance. That mf gets things done

Double-page supporter
This chapter is showing a lot of death flags for Zhao's characters. Thats make me happy because i'm really tired of the Ri "just according to keikaku" Boku's BS

Only two other people here actually understand Riboku's speech and why Seika chose to fight alongside him. Amazing.

Qin has made it no secret to everyone else that it wants to subjugate and destroy all the other states by force and then impose their rule and laws on all of China under the framework of legalism. Seika and its people either resist Qin's conquest of its host state or they lose the autonomy they have enjoyed since the city's founding and worse have their men be drafted into Qin's armies for more wars including protecting the northern frontier from nomadic tribes. If Seika resists invasion by Yan, then it definitely will resist Qin's conquest attempt. They are going to have to make sacrifices no matter what because Qin will never let them continue to have autonomy.

And to think some people call him worse than Kanki, a guy who massacred hundreds of thousands just because he is more angry at ordinary peasants who make up 90% of the population than the elites to the point where he decided to serve the Qin government just to get a chance to kill more people when that govt is the one who have legitimized and tolerated the craps that happened to him to begin with.

Double-page supporter
YAWN!!!!!! Hmm did you give Speech how evil Qin is Riboku?.......Weak ass Speech that is....Sigh sorry was sleeping trough it...

Fed-Kun's army
I'm really struggling to care.

I don't even think Riboku is the problem. The author got lost in the scale of his story.
How many chapters is it since we last saw the protagonist of this manga? Or his other young colleagues? Ousen and Riboku and the masses of unmemorable generals should be background characters, creating scenarios for the main squad!

Dex-chan lover
I don't fucking care about the backstory of the reason...I want the story to stop this and just progress the fucking story. We have seen riboku bullshit his way through multiple people and events we get it he is a 5d chess player. Go back to shin or ousan.

Thank you for the scan

Dex-chan lover
Only two other people here actually understand Riboku's speech and why Seika chose to fight alongside him. Amazing.

Qin has made it no secret to everyone else that it wants to subjugate and destroy all the other states by force and then impose their rule and laws on all of China under the framework of legalism. Seika and its people either resist Qin's conquest of its host state or they lose the autonomy they have enjoyed since the city's founding and worse have their men be drafted into Qin's armies for more wars including protecting the northern frontier from nomadic tribes. If Seika resists invasion by Yan, then it definitely will resist Qin's conquest attempt. They are going to have to make sacrifices no matter what because Qin will never let them continue to have autonomy.

And to think some people call him worse than Kanki, a guy who massacred hundreds of thousands just because he is more angry at ordinary peasants who make up 90% of the population than the elites to the point where he decided to serve the Qin government just to get a chance to kill more people when that govt is the one who have legitimized and tolerated the craps that happened to him to begin with.
I believe the chapter places heavy emphasis on Seika being selfish rather than Qin will eventually invade Seika, shown I believe most clearly around page 14 and Seika's reactions.

You could say it's necessary sophistry to move their hearts, that Spirit of Seika thing, but it is a problem if barely anyone reading this feels moved by it.

Plus, like other said, we have seen Sei did something similar in Sai, and personally I think it was a lot more moving there.

We will make it through this low point together sensei- give us the next chapter.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread