Kingdom - Ch. 791 - Other People's Wars

Dex-chan lover
Kingdom readers every time Riboku activates talk no jitsu:
zLN2LWZ.png

Dex-chan lover
So Riboku asked them to die for sentiment only. Bullshit. These people don’t even care about Zhao. Yet somehow they got easily cajoled into his cause.

Riboku should be a merchant instead, selling air and sunlight, with how characters there can easily be controlled by simple speech he will make a killing. (Maybe that’s actually how he fund his army since the capital probably gives him nothing or pittance.)

I kinda wished Qin did better work in intelligence gathering and diplomacy to recruit Seika instead.

Dex-chan lover
You can see how Riboku's speech parallel with Sei's speech back at Sai. While both scene are about the leader plead their people to fight for them, there are hugeeeeeee difference between both scene.

Everytime I read Sei's speech at Sai, it always make me goosebump, my tear come up and hype up that make me wanna scream along the people of Sai that they will fight.

Compare to Riboku speech here, the guilt tripping, the empty promise, not to mention Kaine excuse which done nothing to help Riboku speech. Even when he finish his speech, I feel nothing, it clear as day that people might agree to help him because of they feel guilty not because they really feel whole heartedly want to help like people of Sai.

...Kanki's massacres have done no favors for Qin's conquest. They intend to conquer China into a single whole, but you cannot deny Riboku's claims that they will massacre Seika exactly because Kanki's armies have done precisely that before. Sure, Kanki isn't around anymore, but do you think that matters? To these people, all of Qin may as well be Kanki. This is why reputation is important.
It's already been addressed that Qin had to choice but use Kanki's military prowess. What you just said was talked about for an entire chapter (that I remember) and it made Shin think many times about how just the conquest was.

Fed-Kun's army
It's only natural for us to feel Riboku's speech is nothing but hot air, but I'd argue that the major tragedy of this series is that Riboku is a genuinely good person who nonetheless must be defeated for the greater good. Riboku genuinely believes what he's doing is correct, and his logic of asking Seika to fight so that they are not eventually swallowed up by Qin is sound, if not correct.

Group Leader
riboku sure loves moralizing "omg evil Qin, they're the baddies, but we're the good guys" while his previous king was a pedo and his current one is a psychopath and he turns enemy soldiers into slaves and works them to death. he's no better then kanki and his bandits.
Maybe because it was normal for people in power to be pedos. It's still normal now.

Dex-chan lover
I said it last chapter, and I will said again this is the scummiest thing Riboku had done yet

At least drag them to war after Qin does you the favor of killing the king of Zhao

Supporter
It's already been addressed that Qin had to choice but use Kanki's military prowess. What you just said was talked about for an entire chapter (that I remember) and it made Shin think many times about how just the conquest was.

No choice if they want to continue their conquest of all of China. It's too bad none of them have ever heard of the sunk cost fallacy...

Group Leader
I wrote a better speech for Riboku:

People of Seika,

Today, I stand before you, not as a mere messenger of war but as a harbinger of a grim reality that lurks at our doorstep. The Qin Empire, with its insatiable hunger for conquest and dominion, casts a long, menacing shadow over our lands, threatening to engulf everything we hold dear in darkness.

Imagine waking up to the sounds of your door being shattered, the screams of your loved ones filling the air as the ruthless Qin soldiers march through our streets. Envision our fields, the very heart of Seika, trampled and scorched, our heritage reduced to ashes beneath their boots. This is not a distant nightmare; it is an imminent peril if we stand idly by.

The Qin Empire does not seek coexistence. Their ambition is absolute dominion. Their approach towards us is not of diplomacy, but of annihilation. They aim to erase our identities, our freedoms, and our way of life. We face obliteration under their rule, becoming mere footnotes in their tales of conquest.

But, my fellow citizens, fate has not sealed our destiny yet. We possess the power to alter the course of this impending doom. Together, we can rise, fortified by the unbreakable spirit of Seika, and confront this tyrant. Our unity, our courage, and our resolve can light the darkness that the Qin seek to impose upon us.

Let us not be remembered as the generation that cowered in the face of tyranny. Instead, let us stand as a beacon of defiance, a testament to the strength of our will and the depth of our courage. Join me, and together, we will wage a war not for conquest, but for survival; not for glory, but for the very soul of Seika.

The time to act is now. Let us unite under the banner of resistance and show the Qin Empire that the people of Seika will not go quietly into the night. We will fight for our freedom, for our future, and for the preservation of all that we hold sacred.

Stand with me, for in unity, there is strength. Together, we will repel the darkness and safeguard the light of Seika for generations to come!

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Seika: "You want us to fight in your wars?!"
Riboku: "No, no, no. You misunderstand. You MUST fight in my war because we are protecting you. Aren't you a good neighbor? Help us fight the war together or else Qin will kill Zhao AND you! Let's show them Zhao's fighting spirit!"
Seika: "I understand. Let's die for your war!"
:kek:

Double-page supporter
Riboku's speech isn't written very well, but he's not wrong. Zhao soldiers are fighting and dying for Seika's security. Seika can only exist in its semi-autonomous state within the confines of Zhao. The moment Qin takes over they'll pressure them into subservience and then use Seika, like everything under their rule, to feed the war machine for the conquest of China. The speech should have put more emphasis on that last bit.

Their choice is to either fight and die for a chance at autonomy or to sit on their hands, let their host nation be destroyed, and then fight and die as servants.

Double-page supporter
LOL I have a habit of skipping Reebok's pages and dialogues cause it's braindead. So, that was this whole chapter! I'm sure the translation was great

All of these comment is so dumb comparing Seika to america and middle east, it literally warring time out there and Qin have invade and kill like a savage three times in that country, and Seika is in China in that country like a few kilometers from there and not half a world away like Iran or something.

And Qin had already declared they gonna kill force the whole China to unify and every country has know this plan for a long time, so Seika was never gonna get left alone had they stood there and do nothing anyway. Hey maybe they gonna diplomatic and go out in peace, but like that one dude said, they never gonna except their culture to be turn into Qin.

Imagine your Jerusalem now was Palestine? israel will never accept that.

Users who are viewing this thread