Kingdom - Vol. 59 Ch. 644 - House of the Peach Spring

Dex-chan lover
Finally we get confirmation what is the current year. So Riboku will survive and Qin would most likely lose next battle, or at least forced into stalemate. Also some guy got his arse butthurt and exploded I guess.

Dex-chan lover
@Indomiegoreng
He's clearly been poisoned, but honestly, the prime minister had all the power with him around, so it hardly seems like it is his doing. Moreover, the crown prince, who does not want Riboku executed, will now take over. Unless the prime minister has also planned a coup, things aren't looking great for him.

I would say the crown prince has decided to take things into his own hand since his father refuses to listen to reason.

The Prime Minister pretty much had a puppet King here, he would be stupid to get rid of that, especially with a competent crown prince in the waiting.

Considering Ribokus soldiers were planning for a military solution, the crown prince is the most likely candidate.

I might have even suspected the boys themselves, because they clearly didn't like the king, but the timing is too perfect for that.

It's a shame... Watching Zhao implode would have been more entertaining. I hope they reveal the killer next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
the kids probably poisoned him you can see some of them smiling in the last image probably wouldn't be hard to slip in poison if they carried it in their mouths or something. Guessing its under orders from one of Qin?

there's to many factions in this arc, crown prince faction, extremist riboku supporters, spies from another countries (not just Qin), prime minister faction, or maybe a faction from zhao royal harem?
so many factions get profits from the dead of the king.

Double-page supporter
Besmirched in history, and now, popular culture too?

Dex-chan lover
Qin wouldn't assassinate such an useful idiot like Zhao King, and I doubt minister is also on Qin payroll, he struck me as typical egocentric power hungry guy, status quo suits him just fine.
So it's either Prince or Kaine or Shunsuiju or even new third party (pretty much every other kingdom is screwed if Zhao falls, as it was historically)

Dex-chan lover
@Arcara

I'm guessing his son or one of his retainers, then again the fat minister didn't tell Kaine or the rest of Ribuko's followers to stand down.

Dex-chan lover
I'm impressed by the realism here. I heard defecating is one of the 'symptoms' of death. It's cool it was shown, even though it is unsightly.

Dex-chan lover
there's good reason to assassinate the zhao king if it gives them an opportunity to start chaos and a civil war it's not like he's on their pay roll just his right hand minister is. That said it's honestly a miracle Zhao's hasn't been taken over yet considering how horribly detached and borderline sociopathic their king is, it's not even incompetence its like hes actively trying to get his kingdom to die along with him.

Users who are viewing this thread