Kingdom

Went ahead and read the next chapter on the group's website.

I kinda figured the brother was about to go berserk, but HOLY. SHIT.

Group Leader
Houken is without a doubt, the worst, and most boring character in this series. Sucks the fun out of everything.

Seconding that. I don't know if its translation issues that are having trouble converting concepts over to a western audience, but Houken does not make sense.

Houken is basically some asshole that was up on a mountain his whole life training to be a martial genius, went down one day, and got punked by Ouki. So he goes back up the mountain, trains some more, and shows up randomly to slaughter a bunch of peasant militia and regular soldiers. That's it. That's his entire backstory. They even rip away every duel Houken's ever had by showing how he only won because someone else wounded his opponent first.

Shin, meanwhile, is an awesome protagonist, he's nothing special, he's growing, he's going through character development, he's had weak points and vulnerabilities, and he's very clearly still human, but when he goes up against Houken all of that gets shoved up its own ass as Riboku drones on and on and ON about comparing the two. We've now had this duel going on for... what, 4 issues? 5? Just fucking end it already. Take Houken's arm off, send him running, do SOMETHING, just freaking end it. Karo-ten could have hurried her ass up and gotten to Shin was 2 issues ago to give him the boost of fRiEnDsHiP mAgIc to win and we could have gotten done with this. Instead its like the author doesn't want this duel to just. freaking. END.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Ch 627: Eat all the shit, Houken.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

finally he died

Code:

please just die already Houken do not resurrect 😡

Code:

i know this is shounen shit and all but this is ridiculous. after 15 days of nonstop fighting during the day and barely eating and all that, shin is still able to beat one of the strongest guys in the series? cmon....I feel it would have been better for houken to beat shin but leave him because he realized something wasn't right with his philosophy, and then at the later time in the series, shin beats houken.

Code:

Houken after being cleaved : This is but a scratch *Kill Shin* ... considering how boring he is it wouldn't surprise me

Code:

Holy shit, there is a whole lotta untagged spoilers for the latest chapters under this comment, be warned.
For all the people wanting to discuss the latest chapter, please do that in the actual chapter thread.

who will shin end up with in the end? strategist girl? or assassin girl?

Fed-Kun's army
Don't tell me she gives some of her "life force" to him... 🤔🤔

Code:

Dex-chan lover
Well.. that's the ceiling my head just hit. I get that this 'healing' thing has requirements and is fatal but seriously? I don't I can ride with this while having a straight face.

Code:

Users who are viewing this thread