Kiraware Majo Reijou to Dansou Ouji no Kon'yaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - A Picture-Book Prince

Dex-chan lover
When the chapter feels like the ending of the series, but it's only Ch 3.

cc83fa3c7f8f8d04b3cdb12d65d57101confused-cat-with-a-lot-of-question-marks.jpg
that's probably because this series is going to be exploring something else in this trope.

Dex-chan lover
See Lillian should have just allowed her self to become Ciel's concubine so she could also watch over Evie as her second prince like she always wanted!
This would work. She said she would easily control Mark, but she will never find happiness being stuck with that stupid.

Oh well, I'm sure it will be a long time before we see her again though...

It's really nice and refreshing that the villain turned out to be someone who's looking out for MC, even if in her own twisted way.
I get what you’re saying and everything, but how is being in love “twisted”? That’s the only thing I don’t understand

Dex-chan lover
I get what you’re saying and everything, but how is being in love “twisted”? That’s the only thing I don’t understand
I mean manipulating your friend's life to try and get them with your perfect idea of a prince without your friend's knowledge because you want to be that person but don't believe two girls can get together is pretty twisted

Dex-chan lover
Resolving everything set up in chapter 1 this early is very weird imo
It honestly feels like they are writing this as they go and had no real plans for the childhood friend / ex-fiance
I feel like 3 chapters in is still the set up period though. It's not like this is chapter 16 or something and it had been riding the gag situation and suddenly did something different. It seems set to go into more of the dark magic side of it and the connection to her family (that odd reaction from the parents) along with the MCs actually getting to know each other romantically more. To me if every chapter drives those two things forward bit by bit that'll be fine. I'm guilty of not being very hard to please if I like the art though.

Dex-chan lover
"I want my friend to get with the ideal prince so I'll steal her fiance and go from there but I actually like them, too, and would be her prince if I weren't a woman."
Girl had the opportunity to become that prince herself but held herself back and instead went for the stupid route.

Dex-chan lover
I hate when one character isn't able to confess their feelings to their crush especially when they can see that heir crush is starting to fall in love with someone else even if it isn't known to them specifically. (This is more in general than specifically this story)
This kind of thing never fails to make me cry. I hope Lillian ends up having her own happy ending and hopefully it's with someone she truly ends up loving.

Supporter
As usual, the little slime-thing in the background steals the show IMO.

MUNCH MUNCH

STUFFED
He's my goddammed spirit animal....
image.png
image.png

Oh no. Kid Lillian was down for the yuri option, but at some point she lost that childhood fairtale to the notion she had to find the perfect prince for her friend instead. Painnnn. Then getting hit with the hidden yuri option... tragic.
It turned out that girls can love other girls after all.

Supporter
"I want my friend to get with the ideal prince so I'll steal her fiance and go from there but I actually like them, too, and would be her prince if I weren't a woman."
Girl had the opportunity to become that prince herself but held herself back and instead went for the stupid route.
I see Lillian's actions as as appropriate to what information we have about their society. Last chapter, Evris posits "Who's ever heard of (marriage) between two women!?" so there's not even a record given of, say, it being attempted but lead to being ostracized.

Her "betrayal" in taking Mark becomes something more of a sacrificial action, as Evris tells Ciel when leaving Mark's mansion that "He and I are the dregs of our houses, after all." There's no way that Mark could have ever made Evris happy, so while it was certainly a strange way of doing it, Lillian basically 'too the bullet' to save her.

(I'm also not exactly sure what her plan after that would have been; because unless The Prince came next then she would somehow have to continuously get in the way of Evris' engagements until he did. And after 2 that just starts to look spiteful...)

I imagine it being incredibly frustrating by holding back feelings for a dear friend from childhood because going beyond whether or not such a union would be taboo or not, the base concept for itself simply doesn't exist....and then this carefree ponce swoops in just two days ago and goes "LOL, love <3" and takes her away? She just got things worked out with Mark!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

damn, lillian was a bit too late to the draw there to get evie's heart. ciels just that good. Hopefully she can get her own girl to ride off into the sunset with later on.

Users who are viewing this thread