Kiraware Majo Reijou to Dansou Ouji no Kon'yaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - A Picture-Book Prince

Dex-chan lover
I see Lillian's actions as as appropriate to what information we have about their society. Last chapter, Evris posits "Who's ever heard of (marriage) between two women!?" so there's not even a record given of, say, it being attempted but lead to being ostracized.

Her "betrayal" in taking Mark becomes something more of a sacrificial action, as Evris tells Ciel when leaving Mark's mansion that "He and I are the dregs of our houses, after all." There's no way that Mark could have ever made Evris happy, so while it was certainly a strange way of doing it, Lillian basically 'too the bullet' to save her.

(I'm also not exactly sure what her plan after that would have been; because unless The Prince came next then she would somehow have to continuously get in the way of Evris' engagements until he did. And after 2 that just starts to look spiteful...)

I imagine it being incredibly frustrating by holding back feelings for a dear friend from childhood because going beyond whether or not such a union would be taboo or not, the base concept for itself simply doesn't exist....and then this carefree ponce swoops in just two days ago and goes "LOL, love <3" and takes her away? She just got things worked out with Mark!
ah yes the classic "We're in a yuri/yaoi manga and nobody has even heard of the concept of homosexuals" totally not an annoying nonsensical trope

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it's one of those being childhood friend is suffering again. And I dunno how to feel about this story as I realized I'm more interested in that pet thingy stuffing itself with food (which is like 2 whole panels and it wasn't even the focus of those panels) than the whole (surprisingly cleared up fast but still too) cliche drama.

Dex-chan lover
This felt a bit sudden to reveal this so early in the story without more runup and then have it be resolved in a single chapter. I would have preferred a lot more hinting and subtlety with a potential full reveal much later

Contributor
So she wanted to save her, since she knew she didn't love her fiancee by...getting her kicked out of her house and disowned by her parents?
Did she orchestrate the chance meeting with the prince? Was the...servant idea hers? Or was she just hoping she'd make it out alright...?
Bruh her plan made zero sense

Dex-chan lover
I’m sobbing how did Lillian turn out to be the most tragic one of all

she just wanted Evie to herself but she thought it could never happen so she set her up with the perfect guy but IT TURNED OUT EVIE WAS COOL WITH GIRLS THE WHOLE TIME, I would be fucking devastated

Double-page supporter
Bruh.. why does everyone forgive her? She was the reason why the MC was abandoned by her family and made the MC even more ridiculed by society. I hate tropes like this in any media, "I did good by doing twisted things".

If you want to be the one who save her, then why marrying her is not an option u dumfuk :question:

Dex-chan lover
in medieval times-early modern europe, which is what a lot of otome isekai or villainess manga seem to be based upon, there were lots of gay/homosexual relationships between royalty, but the thing was they were just kept "secret", or that historians would do something to the equivalent of "and they were roomates" (frederick the great being one example). so its not that people are unaware of homosexuality, they'd rather let it not exist or pretend it doesnt exist, so im not surprised about Lillian's reaction, even if its stupid.

BUT author shoud've given her more balls (pun intended) and let Lillian do a more direct approach. cmon man, VILLAINESS LOVE TRIANGLE?? helloo??!! people will eat it up. its a lot more spicy than this shit

ah yes the classic "We're in a yuri/yaoi manga and nobody has even heard of the concept of homosexuals" totally not an annoying nonsensical trope

Aggregator gang
that's probably because this series is going to be exploring something else in this trope.
Or maybe axed 10 chapters in. Hope not.

Lillian:
attacks a whole bunch of royals knights
suffers absolutely 0 (zero) consequences
God don't you love being a

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread