Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... it would be great if someone can explain the technical why the kissmanga is down...
All I know is their notifications:
"All files are taken down by copyright owners. The site will be closed forever. Thank you for your supports."

Doesn't MangaDex work the same way as kissmanga but with stricter rules?

Welcome refugees!
We hope that this site wont be banned next. It will really break our hearts, this is one of the best free reading site.

can you guys make it that you only get to see the updated/notif in the language that you selected.. THE "last Updated" filter. thanks

So mangadex is not going to get shutdown too? Am just asking so I can be mentally prepared
need answers and waiting online

Dex-chan lover
Oh come ooooooon. They had a lot of old manga, that aren‘t officially translated or on Mangadex. Also, they ripped off official scans. Sad, sad, sad.

If this sites didn't exist in the first place, some japanese creators will be just a bunch of nobody.
If this sites don't exist, the only anime or manga I know up to this day will be Dragon ball z, yuyu hakusho, slam dunk and voltes v. And who in the hell on earth would want to watch the same anime or read the same manga for years!?

Aggregator gang
Damn, place like kissmanga have contributed more translated manga than any official subscription site. Wish the one who copyright it atleast allowed them to keep the manga there and make it like mangarock instead of just straight up deleting everything.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@crimsondevil2903 Several MD staffmembers are scanlators, averaging over a hundred chapters or more for each person lol. Saying we don't contribute anything isn't true, saying we don't contribute it all... sure. Though surely nobody actually expects us to release everything on the site

Contributor
Ads aside, Kiss was still useful as a central archive of things that were hard to find.

It probably won't be long until Japan turns its gaze here. Future looking bleak.

@Plykiya

Oh, sorry dude. I think I miss some important piece of information about that there. Sorry of my lack of info.

And like @MavB_Ver said I was talking about the Kissmanga Staffs not the translator.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@crimsondevil2903 Well if what MavB said was true, yeah, KissManga staff didn't scanlate anything. My ability to interpret English sentences is questionable lol

Any other old millennials here ready to dust off their IRC client? 😬 Mangadex looks solid (certainly in comparison with "lolz blogspot hosting") but it's bad that scanlation culture has increasingly centralized infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread