Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
lol @ people wanting a like system for comments. The only idea that's ever gotten a warm reception were discord style reactions. And even that was lukewarm.

@Plykiya
Japanese laws only affect Japanese people lol
Would be insane if any country could go and arrest people in other countries for breaking laws that weren't theirs. Of course there's some cooperation at times between countries, but this ain't it

Oh you are not in EU right? It would not surprise me in that lands.

Btw, where is most of the MD content hosted? To be completely safe from a lawsuit, it must be hosted in... Russia? Venezuela? Somalia?

Do you guys think MD can be safe forever?

I do work in the Justice system at my latin american country (a place where americans and europeans would think that is a lawless zone), but in fact i can assure you that is not dificult to take down any website hosted here. You just need to hire a local lawyer (a piece of cake to any company) and do a resquest to a Judge exposing the "piracy" or even the unauthorized sharing.

Unless the judge is a weeb itself, probably the page, or i mean, the local server will be forced to shutdown everything related to the page. In the "normie" world nobody gives a shit to animemanga.

I'm just going to say this... While MangaDex is the main source of manga for me, due to certain issues, not everything you might want to read will be here. Kissmanga was my safety net for that, whenever I saw missing chapters or whole volumes here, they were almost always available on kissmanga and if they weren't - there was no translation. You might want to seek out additional sources... Other than that, welcome!

Anyway, there are 2 ways to shutdown a page.

The ultimate way, and less usual, is a legal request against the servers where it is hosted, what just would make the page have the trouble to find another home.

The main way is legal request against the PERSON responsible for the page.

Since the MD staff is aware of this, hiding info about them and receiving donations via bitcoins, so they are already being cautious and protecting this site.

Oh, the way i'm telling it sounds they are doing something illegal? Oh my sweetsummerchild, the world is not a playground. If you are here, you know how MD have a very fair policy over licenced content. Even so it don't means the "unauthorized" exposition (of not even licenced works) will not bugs some of greed grumpys in Japan.

Although I'm a little sad, but I had stopped reading on Kissmanga awhile ago, due to it no longer allowing me to use Ad Block to stop those damn pop-up windows/redirecting and the intrusive ads. (It was mainly the pop-up windows/redirecting that irked me)

Group Leader
@ICYCOZY

Yep absolutely true, also don't like how you need click button to go to different page to read comments, should be in same page, you click button and loads under the last page of chapter etc.

Kissmanga/Kissanime refugee here. Signed up about a year ago when I got temporarily banned from KM for the adblock bull, came back here after it was shut down.

While I'll admit that there's a lot about the site I won't miss at all, one thing that I definitely will was the community there, having discussions or trading quips with people in the disqus comments. It's only been a couple of days, and the idea that I may never get to talk to some of the regulars I enjoyed chatting with again already has me kind of sad.

I have the same name on here as I did on that site, and I kind of hope the comments section for chapters gets a bit of an upgrade or tries using disqus or a similar program so people can chat more (though I fully understand that that may take time or not even be possible, with the site running on donations).

😆😁😁😄😄😀Hehehe i have been reading manga for 8 years and never once open the kissmanga and kissanime 😃

Contributor
@bigtiddyoneesan
If I had a nickle for every time someone unironically panicked about their animu/mango fix being threatened,
I would still pirate 95% of all the series I follow, since most of them aren't available in official English versions anyways.

Group Leader
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread