Kiwotsuke na yo, Onee-san. - Vol. 4 Ch. 32.1 - Volume 4 Extras

Dex-chan lover
so it was an axe (per author comment of not being able to continue drawing what will become of them)
Yeah they alluded to an issue on twitter a while ago, related to the change in management after the old imprint died last year (if I remember correctly). Seems they wanted to show all of what happens after they come together but oh well. Still solid for what was given.

Dex-chan lover
That sucks it was axed because the author was building stuff up that was making things interesting. I really hope they continue sometime in the future.

Dex-chan lover
I figured. And it's a little sad knowing the author genuinely wanted to see this continue.

Regardless, thank you for the translation.

Banned
There needed to be some kind of profound progress after 8-9 chapters. Them telling each other "i love you" and semi-dating. It might have boosted popularity and prevented the axe. If you try to do oneexloli you, as an artist, shouldn't let yourself be confined by your society's standarts. It's fiction and you can create very cute age-gap manga. We don't know what happened to this work for getting an early end but from experience, it's common that age-gap gets axed because of low commitment from the author (chickening out) and thus low popularity.

Dex-chan lover
this was a nice little extra but man do i really hate this series got cut early like it did

and yeah i have checked out the other series thats being worked on but tbh i personally dont really care for it much

i really liked this series much more

but sadly it is what it is nothing that can be done about it now

with that said with this it is the true goodbye to this series and it seriously sucks

maybe sometime in the future there may be another series made by this person that i'll check out

but till then there are many other yuri series to check out / continue reading

Double-page supporter
Maybe he could continue the history as doujinshi like Nukku is doing with Mangaka-sensei to zashiki warashi, after all this series started as a string of tweets so that would be a coming back to the roots.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so... i love the story and of course we wouldnt want Tae-chan to do something illegal now. But a time skip would definitely be the best option here. I mean, it ends 9 yrs before anything concrete happens. I mean, so much can change in a single year. 2yrs from now Mai could fall in love with a girl from her class and completely forget about Tae. Or she could simply move from town, lose contact and eventually move on. Most implied endings use such fragile base and want us to believe in magic. Is too frustrating.
So at the very least reward us with an actual happy end so the journey is complete.

Group Leader
I marked this as completed and didn't realize there was an extra for 2 months. Damn. This manga could've been better had it run longer but this is still a solid manga.

Not sure why she's gotta wait 9 years and not 7, but I do appreciate the extra bits here.

Overall I liked the series and hate that it looks like it truly was rushed. But was a single kiss too much to ask? Like c'mon. Still, it was a fun unique series that might have not pushed it like Kodomo no Jikan, but it still isn't one you recommend to a lot of folks.

7/10

Users who are viewing this thread