Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 10 Ch. 96 - Tooru and Elma III

Dex-chan lover
I'm reminded once again of this author's obsession with oversize oppai.

As a proud member of the justice faction, I am unamused.

Fed-Kun's army
when people ask me why I read Manga I will just send them this chapter. LMAO

Double-page supporter
Tooru simply needs a larger bed. That solves everything.

Man, i really like the Elma and Tohru ship but i also like Kobayashi and Tohru of course. I can’t choose...

on the second page the big picture with tooru waiting while elma stands under a waterfall, elmas tail comes out right between her butt cheeks. I reread the chapter thrice already and just noticed that. It looks unbelievably weird

I've been sensing this for quite a while, but it really seems like Elma thinks the world of Tooru and it might be a little more than mere friendship to her. There are just too many hurdles in her way though, from being a harmony dragon to Kobayashi-san's entire existence. I think Elma has already resigned to just being friends, hence the pained expression.

It's not like I haven't considered it before... but Kobayashi doesn't live forever.... just maybe, even if it takes centuries... Elma might become Tooru's rebound. Tooru said she would love Kobayashi for the rest of her life even long after Kobayshi is no more... but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a place for someone else in her heart eventually. Tooru and Elma have very good chemistry(tsundere Tooru is a treat) and are euqal in many ways, something she doesn't have with Kobayashi.

It's a delicate issue and I honestly thought Cool-sensei would skirt around it more, but this chapter was surprisingly direct about it. Even Tooru noticed it. Once again I have to concede that I am stupid for thinking she is dense. Tooru has proven time ad time again that below her airheaded attitude she is very sharp. Her embarrassed reaction here tells me exactly that she thought the exact same thing as all of us.

Looking forward to exploring this more, but I know that Tooru x Kobayashi is the end goal. I hope that we don't have a last minute swerve...

@BugDemon I agree with everything u said. I never thought that elma may have meant that being a harmony dragon is an obstacle . But you are right. I thought she meant she had to go back when she said "a role to fill" but it might be a simpler explanation

@hhsenpai
I am sure that having to go back to the other world to act in her role is part of the issue. Elma has a job to do and right now she is basically on extended leave with a very shallow excuse. Eventually she will have to do her job again. And even if that is long after Kobayashi and the rest are gone and even if Tooru comes along, there is inherently just a barrier between them. Their past fights over their ideals are one thing, but as a chaos dragon Tooru simply can't stay with Elma without causing friction for the factions or between them personally.

The only solution I can see is that Tooru, Elma, Lucoa, Kanna and Fafnir after what they learned in the human realm may unite to end all factions. If they end this senseless conflict.... only then can these two actually be together.

Double-page supporter
cf4.jpg

Double-page supporter
This might be the best Elma-focused chapter to date. I nearly felt something more than indifference to her.

Users who are viewing this thread