Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 11 Ch. 98 - Tooru and School Lunches

Dex-chan lover
and here I thought that it was saekawa doing something to kanna's lunch

@HiraOmnibus the thing on page 12? that just looks like a halfassed draw

Yeah, I too would be pretty pissed if someone told me that school lunches were better than my cooking.
She ate with the kitchen staff? That's so sweet! She introduced herself as Mrs Kobayashi though, lol.

Dex-chan lover
Man, kids in Japan have it pretty good 😕 the school lunches I had when I was a kid were more like springy flavorless spaghetti and a piece of soggy flavorless bread to go with it ! Better than nothing though I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Where I live, school lunches would *NEVER* be considered better than home food. There was a running joke that school food was preparing you for either the army or prison.

Dex-chan lover
Lol I never ate the school lunches. I'd keep the money dad gave me and go out for food after school with my friends. Good times btw...

Dex-chan lover
Teaching some personal lessons is also important .

It's wholesome that they try so hard behind the scenes but kids won't ever know.

Group Leader
All of us from the US remembering our own school lunches lol. This entire chapter is effectively Japan asserting its dominance over us peasant Americans

I know that it's likely just for the purpose of integrating into human society, but all the same Tohru taking Kobayashi's family name as her own is adorable.

I haven't been in a US public school for years but I still remember the rectangular pizza that tasted like cardboard. 2.50 for that and a carton of milk, what BS.

During normal school lunch was good for me, during university we are lucky to be alive, for all we know things might even be radioactive!
I joke.

Thanks for the chapter, by the way.

Dex-chan lover
... i miss my school's canteen. their curry potatoes are top notch.

Double-page supporter
Only my high school canteen worth mention

Elementary were cashgrab trash

Dex-chan lover
My elementary canteen hmm.. because the school is really close to my house, I usually eat at home, while watching good anime on TV

Yeah, this chapter doesn't really translate for American public schools. It's more reheating frozen food and cutting up fruits and vegetables then cooking here.

my schools food was alright and you had the option to go for pizza if the days food wasnt to your liking, plus bosco sticks on friday

maybe i just have trash taste

Dex-chan lover
@mikan199 take that back! the rectangular cardboard tasted great! It was the best thing on the menu.... *weeps quietly*

@Snickrot Yes, I do remember everyone was super excited for that in elementary school. And we dreamed of the day... we could maybe get triangular slices... *joins you in weeping*

Remember, on Tooru's fake pass she took the last name Kobayashi. She is officially a family member as far as society is concerned. So is Kana.
...more importantly, it's shocking that there is zero follow-up to Kobayashi's confession last chapter. Seems Tooru took it pretty well. Her honor as a cook is important too I suppose lol

Users who are viewing this thread