Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 11 Ch. 99 - Kobayashi and the Holy Sword

Double-page supporter
I wanna be in some my mom too

......... wait a moment

Tags: unbirth

Let me guess there is an alternate way to give the sword's soul a new form... So I guess Tooru has to be a daddy now, since clearly Kobayashi is the mom.

@ggw1776 explain yourself, I mean we already had dragons, magic, gods, other worlds... what of this chapter makes ya think that it has gone too far? soul? materialize a sword? just wanna know.

Dex-chan lover
@Fmarulz I felt the same way when Kobayashi was able to use magic. The appeal of this manga (imo) is that Kobayashi is a mundane person interacting with magical beings. Her being the vessel of some ultimate power is very strange honestly.

Power Uploader
Does the sword actually have a gender, or was it just a random stab for translating -san?

Contributor
@GoggledAnon
I haven't seen the raws, so take this with a grain of salt, since I don't know if it used any specific pronouns.
Since the sword said that it was made as a concept of piercing, I think it's the good ol' case of a conceptual representation.
That said, since it has been nurtured by Kobayashi's experiences, I think it safe to assume that sword-chan is a girl and the Mr. is just an interpretation.

@ggw1776 If anything, I think it gives some explanation on how she had magic on the first place, I mean It´s not the best reason or story device but I´ve seen way worse.

Now when the story goes to a fight with the god/gods that tried to kill Touru, Kobayashi will be able to defend her and I think thats where the story will go and probably end eventually.

Knowing how Cool’s brain works, i’m expect The “sword” to “materialize” in an “inconvenient location” and we’ll have a repeat of “that” incident from when iruru was introduced. A bit of a broad interpretation of piercing dragons....

I feel filthy having written this

Dex-chan lover
So I guess it's time for explanations to the others, wouldn't you think? you can just obliterate the walls and be like "welp! time to work! bye bye"

but most likely it won´t end in a normal fight like a typical shounen manga. As COOL knows how to write a compelling story :D

Users who are viewing this thread