Kodomo no Jikan

Fed-Kun's army
Back when I was around 14 or 15 watched the anime for shit an giggles, now many years later and after me becoming somewhat more of an adult. I just have to appreciate the emotions that a author can have for his/her work. How much you are abel to konway with a story, when you are not afraid to show drama, questionabel morals and other things. I love how a story can bring people together, how it can give me and many other such a coulerfull mix of emotions...

And how much I realise that Im a fucking degeneret.

I will always keep this story very close, as it was a journy, a really strange one at time, but none the less one which helped me to grow.

I have to say that i enjoyed both the Anime and the Manga.
The anime had it's own touch if you watched it within the context of the year it's production, as for many shows from the time this one gives me that fuzzy kind of melancholy pre-2010. The ED brings real good memories too.

As for the manga it gets far more in depth on the taboo of prepubescent sexuality that is taking place with more frequency as years pass, how instead of stigmatize it we should educate kids on the value of love and intercourse (and its consequences).
In today's world love and sex has been tainted by degeneracy thanks to the entertainment industry, but lets not forget how it used to be something religion took as taboo.

Anyway, it is a great read and, love.

Dex-chan lover
this series is truly amazing

just got done re-reading this (again has been some years since the last time) and it just reminds me of how much of a masterpiece this series is and just how much i love the series
will always be an all time fave for me and will always come back to read the series from time to time

truly such a beautiful series

Fed-Kun's army
Excellent.

Nicely portrays the feelings of someone younger falling for an older person (kind of makes my standing of not discriminating on love based on age all the more concrete, as long as said feelings had been validated as such and mutually shared). Reading through this made me feel the pressure on Rin. Everyone had their faults, yet ended up developing into something more.

Unironically, I rate this 10/10.

Dex-chan lover
While I do agree that the plot is fairly well-written, it has quite a lot of problems, most of which have to do with the fact that this series has adult problems being projected into children for no reason. Don't get me wrong, it's not a moral problem, it's a problem with the suspension of disbelief (how do you expect me to believe that a 10yo is taking mature decisions as "marrying" and having daddy issues?). Or the hypocrisy when criticizing pedophilia while portraying Reiji in a good way (it is obvious that his behaviour would be categorized as abusive).

Like, seriously, if the author wanted to tackle this many problems, he could have just made the characters with 14yo or something like that; otherwise, it's pretty hard to fin believable. The setting just ends up helping the fanservice.

Double-page supporter
I started this, in the anime, from a Twitter GIF meme reply and I thought it was fun but wildly weird. Having finished the anime stuff and then moving onto completely going through the manga I gotta say it was quite a bit more than fun. Really well written overall, if quite weird like a bunch of you guys in here are saying (I'll give you that, but I'm a sucker for love stories so what can you do.) Wasn't really sure of how I felt like halfway into this, but I'd say it worked in the end, though we all know Houin best girl and she wasn't done justice.

Aggregator gang
@LouisTheLuis

Your criticism of their age is fair enough. I don't agree with it but I can understand your problem. I was able to criticize and reflect on the shitty aspects of my childhood when i was a kid. So were some of my less fortunate friends who had to deal with abuse or worse poverty than I had.

My real disagreement with you is your second bit. the series only begins portraying Reiji in a good light near the end. Ya know... after he decided that he shouldn't use Rin as a solution to his problems. Before that, he was pretty explicitly portrayed as a villain. A charming one, but a villain nonetheless. I think the bit that you're missing is that "pedophilia" isn't being viewed negatively by the series. Adults using children is. Aoki is portrayed as good because he doesn't use Rin or force her into anything. He's genuinely trying to help his student, as opposed to Reiji who's more concerned with his own trauma. Reiji is viewed negatively at first because he is basically grooming her, taking away a bit of her autonomy. Mimi's mother is viewed as bad bc she was trying to stifle her daughter for the sake of her son. The principle is scum because he's taking advantage of the students in his care and taking away the freedom over their own bodies.

Pretty much every character in this series is fucked in the head in one way or another.
But they (mostly) work it out and learn to live with themselves and others.
The best part is how the author conveys the ambiguity of what's best in some of these situations.

I felt gross the whole time I was reading it, yet still enjoyed watching the characters develop. I was rooting for them.
That was an extreme balancing act, author. GG.

It was good, sometimes you guys just gotta remember it's all fiction. Although my OTP didn't happen. T.T

Honestly such a good read. The beginning just absolutely hooked me in, don't know how I exactly feel towards the middle, and I'm really satisfied with the ending tho I wish it continued just a bit more.

Maybe in several years I can come back here and relive the gem this manga was.

I like how the translator explain the jokes in Japanese instead of painfully trying to translate them.

Dex-chan lover
This manga filters plebs with 100% accuracy.
Never forget how tvtropes deleted its page and banned all mention of it on other pages as well.

Unadulterated Peasant Repellent

Dex-chan lover
@cumdumpster1 There is a rape scene, it goes pretty far too much further than most manga that have the tag. So I think it should have the right to bear the sexuql violence tag

Users who are viewing this thread