Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - Vol. 10 Ch. 82

Glad they didn't end up together. His life is already nearing the sunset while her sun is still rising. It would've been a disaster - he would've felt the guilt of holding her back. She would've built up resentment because he's in a totally different space and not wanting to do things younger people enjoy doing.

Glad that his morals won out in the end instead of the head most men think with :)

Fed-Kun's army
I legit wasn't expecting this to be this good. I saw that the anime was available on Amazon Prime Video around a year ago, and was put off by the concept. (I mean: yuck, right?) Yesterday, I decided to read this... just to see what it was like. Man, oh, man.

I love the ending. It's given me an ache in my heart, in a good way. Why? Because this story doesn't feel like a fantasy, at least not in the ways that matter. It's almost as if the rain that falls in their world is the same that falls in ours. Kondou's decision at the end was the only one that could stand under the light of a clear blue sky. Tachibana, in the earnestness of youth, had rekindled his faith in himself, and that gave him the strength he needed. They saved each other.

Hm, I'm not sure I'm totally on board with this ending. I don't mind that they didn't end up getting together. I actually think that was for the best. But some of Kondou's side of things felt too ambiguous and it doesn't feel right that they seem to have basically cut themselves out of the others' life entirely. Overall the story kinda reminds me a bit of this manga but I felt that one pulled things off a bit better. Though that one had a bigger focus on actual romance overall as well.

Aggregator gang
read this before when its ongoing forgot about it at some point.

read chapter 1 and jumping here immediately lmao they didnt ended up together glad i didnt read 10 volume of drama

Dex-chan lover
@Pentium_MMX right on, you got it! They helped each other see what was needed to move forward from the place the were in in their lives, the "refuge from the rain". Once they had the courage to move forward, they did, not necessarily together in the same direction, but not apart either. People are too hung up on the other elements, the age-gap romance stuff, but if they see through past that you have a good little story about moving on in life after hit with a disappointing setback.

The title of this manga is "After the Rain". Throughout the story, both Akira and Kondou had positive associations with rain because it seemed to bring them together. But from my perspective that literal rain was not the"rain" at the heart of this story.

Akira met Kondou when she was feeling lost in a storm of her own. He was a source of safety and kindness at a time when she felt alone and betrayed by the world. But, Kondou was in a storm as well. Both of them knew how cruel life can be and were metaphorically stuck in their own tempests. They provided comfort to each other at a time when they both felt beaten down by the world. They were each others' safe harbor--a beautiful escape.

But every storm ends. The rain lets up and you don't have to shelter anymore. After the rain, you can continue with the thing you were doing. Akira and Kondou may have taken comfort in the rain that brought them together, but they both longed for the rain to end so they could go back to what was put on pause during the storm. That's why Akira always looked with longing at the blue sky, why her favorite color is royal blue (like the sky), and why so much attention is paid by the artist to her blue eyes-- she's always been looking to the storm's end. Kondou keeps himself surrounded by reminders of the very thing he thinks he can't do anymore. His escape into books and the office he doesn't clear up are both his "blue sky"; writing is the thing that he longs to return to after the rain. So the storm passes, the rain ends, and because of their love for each other kept themselves afloat, they can carry on after the rain.

Depending on your age, I can see why there are so many different reactions to this story. I'm in my early 30s. Who in their 30s hasn't had that friendship brought together by circumstance that has since lapsed into memory? When you needed one another you were there for each other, but when circumstances changed you both went your separate ways, not because you didn't care about each other, but because you both got what you needed out of the relationship. Or the failed romantic relationship that ended so painfully, but now you can look back at with gratitude; remembering only the good times? Sometimes you just need someone to take shelter with against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

This was an unexpectedly deep story, which I'm always a fan of. It's wonderful to be caught off guard by the profound. I'm so grateful to the original mangaka and the scanlators-- thank you for bringing this into my life. Thank you. This story will stick with me for a while.

I still wish I knew what happened with Kase and his step-sister, though.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hootanic :) I'm always happy whenever a popular series (read: that got an anime adaptation) turns out to be of decent -- maybe even good -- quality.

i read this all today and it kinda messed me up. idk maybe it's how both akira and kondou used each other to deal with their own issues they had to push through. now i kinda want an AU with kondou and akira as the same age please.

Group Leader
WTF??? They didn't end up together? It was a waster of time reading this in the end.

But thanks for the translator, you did an awesome job, the mangaka is a piece of s--t.

It was bit of a let down(for those crying in the comments) that they didn't end up together,but stories don't always go the way we want them to. That being said, it Was a lovely read. Special thanks to Author and translators. (Gotta say tho, the art work is top notch) I'll never forget this manga, After the rain <3

I'm genuinely impressed that they stuck to the main theme. From the beginning, it was clear that the story was about moving on and picking yourself up, but I thought the author would wuss out and have them remain static and become a pair. The entire read had me feeling cautious because I thought that the author would cave and go for the "easy" ending that shippers would have wanted, but in the end, the romance was a vehicle for the story and themes, instead of vice-versa. If I reread this, it'll be with confidence in the story and the author.

Many thanks to RoseliaScans for covering this story.

Dex-chan lover
If only this story has a time-leap tag on it I could clearly see their relationship blooming. The manager did the right thing to not let his mood swayed by a highschooler. Almost 30 years gap is something you shouldnt ignore, author did a great thing making this manga. remember, Bunny drop ending exist and we all hate it.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, The manager did the right thing in the end! Those "special doujins" other mangas lied to me!

This was a pretty great story, though. I happened to stumble on it from a trailer from the movie today, and finished it as well. Even if you fall down, you can get back up and keep going. No matter where you are in your life. I can get behind a story like that.

Thank God the author didn’t put them tgt. Instead used both characters to sort help themselves pass a tough spot. Have been chasing this manga since vol 2, after buying it in Japan. Forgot about it then searched it up on mangadex like yesterday. 0% DISAPPOINTMENT

Group Leader
For all those who didn't want them together they propably didn't understand what the manga was about lol, how dissapointing

Dex-chan lover
An awesome, meaningful and mature ending. I'm really glad I picked it up after watching the anime.
My only complains are that we did not see what happened to the Kase siblings and if Haruka and the soccer captain relationship developed further.

Yup, anime ending is way better. It left a possibility !! This is just disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread