Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata - Ch. 75

Fed-Kun's army
If it's harmless like this there's no reason to care about the memey change, his intent is pretty much identical in both versions. :kek:
If there's no reason to care about it why put it in in the first place?

If the tl has to get it out there just put it in the credits page, don't be a hypocrite when trying to defend yourself about changing the authors intent.

Popular last words:
nah_id_win.jpg

Dex-chan lover
If there's no reason to care about it why put it in in the first place?

If the tl has to get it out there just put it in the credits page, don't be a hypocrite when trying to defend yourself about changing the authors intent.
cuz funny maymay is funny maymay

You can cry about it if you want but the end result is literally no different. If they hadn't told you you wouldn't know and it wouldn't change the scene. Putting the "more accurate" translation in the notes as a courtesy to say "Hey this was translator choice and not actually a reference" is not being a hypocrite. And you're taking it far too seriously, this is not a professional translation. You have no guarantee of quality and for all you know they could be making all this shit up, you would never be able to tell if they "change the authors intent" because you aren't reading the author's words. You're reading an English translation on a piracy site. You were never going to get a perfect unaltered representation of the author's words, it will always be biased to the translator and localized to the reader. That's how this works in the first place. :kek:

Fed-Kun's army
cuz funny maymay is funny maymay

You can cry about it if you want but the end result is literally no different. If they hadn't told you you wouldn't know and it wouldn't change the scene. Putting the "more accurate" translation in the notes as a courtesy to say "Hey this was translator choice and not actually a reference" is not being a hypocrite. And you're taking it far too seriously, this is not a professional translation. You have no guarantee of quality and for all you know they could be making all this shit up, you would never be able to tell if they "change the authors intent" because you aren't reading the author's words. You're reading an English translation on a piracy site. You were never going to get a perfect unaltered representation of the author's words, it will always be biased to the translator and localized to the reader. That's how this works in the first place. :kek:
Nah, this is pure cope covering for a garbage translation especially when the translator went out of his way to defend himself against people calling him out for going against the authors intent.

It's ok to have standards, fan translation or not.

Dex-chan lover
Have you heard of the forbidden technique of "making a proper translation, then posting a meme version on the credit page only"? I heard it's a legendary tech developed by ancient chinese chi masters to scanlate their cake and eat it too.

Dex-chan lover
IF YOU AND MILIA WERE TO DO MAKE-UP, WHO WOULD COME OUT ON TOP?
"If Milia was to use 120% of her gyaru powers, it might cause me some trouble..."
BUT WOULD YOU LOSE?????

Well, I was going to keep reading these, but the fuckin' meme shit put me off. I'll wait patiently for the other group.

Users who are viewing this thread