Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata

Dex-chan lover
Damn a wokeoid on mangadex
Says a person with a Yoko Taro profile pic 😂
The man has said people should put “many/various genders” in games, so more people can enjoy them.

He puts queer and intersex characters in his games “because people like that exist”.
That mask is of a gay character who’s in love with a man who’s himself in love with a woman with a canonically-huge wang.

9S is bisexual. If the 2E model is male, still falls in love… and gets killed.

Geez, you really missed the point of his shit.
Yeah, I read everything but the Drakengard novels. Which aren’t of the main timeline, so 🤷‍♀️. Someday maybe.
I haven’t finished DoD3, because it’s just awful on actual hardware, and playing an awful game (it was so rushed and botched. Square Enix just doesn’t want a good DoD game to exist) with an awful framerate is too much. Maybe once I get a PC that can emulate a PS3 effectively.
I can’t run FFXIV on anything I have, either, so that’s out. (Totally would, though. I was playing it with my wife and having fun, aside her random violence against mobs while I prefer straight questing. I prefer ranged DPS but had to be healer because she goes with rogue builds and takes on things above her level. So I’m healing her like crazy so we can get to the next leg of the quest line without her respawning…)

Well, you’re on ignore.

Weird insult, too. Sounds like an alien race in a shitty indie game

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone change the target demographics of this manga into shonen or just remove it? This manga is a actually targeted towards male readers based on this japanese article : https://natalie.mu/comic/news/451806
It’s in “romance” on pixiv comics.

This manga here is halfway between shounen and shoujo in tone and structure, imo. Not sure what to tag it.
If it’s tagged BL it’s WAAY off base. Not structured like BL, not the same character arcs (wow is BL tropey. I read a lot of it, but it’s just comfort junk food to me.) Well, Midou struggles with his orientation for a good while, but it’s not the same vibe. Not romanticised, just a thing he’s dealing with.

Genre is difficult when something is focused on being “a good story” and not “a good example of X type of story”.

More and more queer ish is coming out outside the confines of BL and Yuri. Gag comedy is gag comedy. (Crossplay love:…)
Shounen action is shounen action. (Occasional moments and side characters in “…Iruma-kun”. Opera is ”?”, Idol what’shername is plot-point gay, Vine is just hilarious. “Stay back! You’ll easily make me part of your harem! Is it too late?…” That’s all I can think of, in that, which is fine. I was pleasantly surprised to see “random queerness and no one cares moving on”. Not made a big deal, because the plot is uninvolved most of the time. ”We’re demons! Why would we give a shit?”)

I have had so much caffeine.

Dex-chan lover
Can he just start hormones already….
Oy, GEVOLT my ignore list is gonna cause a buffer overflow on the server.
I didn't want to check the comments until i got to the last chapter, i actually expected the comment section to be far worse, i guess Twitter/Reddit/4c has most of the drama

tho i can't say i liked the manga, it's your run-of-the-mill straight romance except "oh-uh but it's actually a guy"
it dragged out the relationship progression for too long and used all the standard romance tropes/clichés
like some have said Hiura being a boy added nothing to the story

I only recently got into manga and this really wasn't what I'm looking for in a crossdressing/BL story
I like with it is the point, I like when it isn’t.

I used to read a lot of shoujo back in the day. (25 years ago… fuck I am old) It’s a great way to practice reading Japanese. Easy to follow the plots, furigana, often long so you can just fall into a rhythm of shoving kanji and kana into your eyes, and burn through a volume with little trouble.

This is a nostalgic read for me.

ymmv 🤷‍♀️
Haru no Mizu is an adorable BL (in structure, if nothing else) manga.
is an androgynous AMAB enby, so there’s only one B in the BL, but there is some gender expression shenanigans.
DAMN do I like that manga! The characters at the least. The story has been done, but they’re so ADORABLE.

I also super dig “Crossplay Love: Otaku and Punk” (wow do I hate the translated title. Slightly worse than the Japanese title, which I also kinda hate), but there’s only a few chapters on this site, then you’re either paying for translation or raws (I’m reading the raws, and buying them, because it is so boss. I’m also reading the raws of this, but also bored so I read this translation).

“Sasaki and Miyano” and the spin-off “Hirano and Kagiura” are great BL. SasaMyaa is my fav comic I have read in my 42 years of life. HiraKagi is basic in comparison, but so cute!
SasaMyaa changes genre to “a gay romcom” the moment they’re together, so that might affect your enjoyment of it. That’s a long way into the manga, though. You’d get your money’s worth if you stopped there.

Last edited:

This manga here is halfway between shounen and shoujo in tone and structure, imo. Not sure what to tag it.
If it’s tagged BL it’s WAAY off base. Not structured like BL, not the same character arcs (wow is BL tropey. I read a lot of it, but it’s just comfort junk food to me.) Well, Midou struggles with his orientation for a good while, but it’s not the same vibe. Not romanticised, just a thing he’s dealing with.

Genre is difficult when something is focused on being “a good story” and not “a good example of X type of story”.

More and more queer ish is coming out outside the confines of BL and Yuri. Gag comedy is gag comedy. (Crossplay love:…)
Shounen action is shounen action. (Occasional moments and side characters in “…Iruma-kun”. Opera is ”?”, Idol what’shername is plot-point gay, Vine is just hilarious. “Stay back! You’ll easily make me part of your harem! Is it too late?…” That’s all I can think of, in that, which is fine. I was pleasantly surprised to see “random queerness and no one cares moving on”. Not made a big deal, because the plot is uninvolved most of the time. ”We’re demons! Why would we give a shit?”)

Shounen demographics means that it is targeted towards young male readers. While most of the genre related to shonen are usually action/ecchi, there are some exceptions.

The demographics section is just wrong. I'm not talking 'genre' or 'tropes' here, because I know the manga does not fall under the theme of your typical BL and have certain shoujo artstyle, which I think are the reasons you disagree with my post.

You missed the point I make here. I did not anything about this manga should be 'confined in the BL' category, I am just saying that it has Shonen Demographics. That is all.

I was talking about demographics buddy. Demographics. Not genre. Please re-read my message carefully, I know that the manga is not BL and you got that right.

Dex-chan lover
I was talking about demographics buddy. Demographics. Not genre. Please re-read my message carefully, I know that the manga is not BL and you got that right.
A: I think organising things based on marketing strategy is silly.
B: if you don’t think shounen/shoujo are genres…
C: no need to be condescending.
D: there’s an edit button.
E: I WAS NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU, YOU ABSOLUTE MORON.

You’re welcome for the recommendations, btw.

A: I think organising things based on marketing strategy is silly.
B: if you don’t think shounen/shoujo are genres…
C: no need to be condescending.
D: there’s an edit button.
E: I WAS NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU, YOU ABSOLUTE MORON.

You’re welcome for the recommendations, btw.

Ay what I'm saying is that the story has mostly male readers, like I have plenty of my friends who are male who reads this manga. Why are you aggresive man I'm trying to prove my point and I gave you like proof with that link(granted it's Japanese).

Why are you so aggressive? I wasn't being ignorant nor bigoted like those bastards before. Just want to clarify something and trying to converse to fellow readers y'know.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ay what I'm saying is that the story has mostly male readers, like I have plenty of my friends who are male who reads this manga.
Is it really true the manga has mostly male readers? It is listed as shoujo and Comic Pool looks like it has a bunch of shoujo/josei titles.

I can understand a lot of cross-over appeal when Miura is drawn super sexy and cute and nearly always female presenting, making it read very similar to any other cute-girl-FMC romcom. The story being overall good with the pacing and such will also make readers less likely to find reasons to dislike it for certain elements they might otherwise find uncomfortable.

It looks like its getting towards the end now with the reality of the G-A-Y component being more evident and difficult to gloss over in a reader's personal headcannon. Even so, this seems like a very hetero-friendly introduction to BL for the uninitiated.

Something like Reincarne ==> this ==> BL hentai ==> turning you gay in real life would be a logical progression.

Users who are viewing this thread