Kokan Musou ~Kiraware Yuusha wa Mazoku ni Aisareru~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Here I Cum Again

Dex-chan lover
Oh my God, I've been waiting so long for an update, thank you for translating, hope you stay with us for more.

Power Uploader
I cannot read this.

Someone please take a peek at the raws and tell me if he becomes fit in the coming chapter.

What a waste of an artstyle.

Dex-chan lover
This is the most unapologetic self-insert trash i've ever seen

Contributor
Any chance you guys redo the previous chapters? SSSSS is just so unfaithful.

Dex-chan lover
Any chance you guys redo the previous chapters? SSSSS is just so unfaithful.
Hmm. Maybe so. But while this chap is just as cursed & demented as 1 & 2, it's nowhere near as funny. Unfaithful can be a blessing where comedy is concerned.

Contributor
Hmm. Maybe so. But while this chap is just as cursed & demented as 1 & 2, it's nowhere near as funny. Unfaithful can be a blessing where comedy is concerned.
I don't want humor inserted that wasn't there in the original.

Dex-chan lover
I don't want humor inserted that wasn't there in the original.
Fair enough.

Humor is very difficult to translate effectively. Direct and technically accurate word-for-word translation often kills it dead. More liberal "localization" of the general flavor sometimes works better, so long as it's respectful and well informed.

I'm not sure, in this case, how faithful any of the translation really is. But the first two chapters were, I thought, quite funny. That's just me though ¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Contributor
Humor is very difficult to translate effectively. Direct and technically accurate word-for-word translation often kills it dead. More liberal "localization" of the general flavor sometimes works better, so long as it's respectful and well informed.

I'm not sure, in this case, how faithful any of the translation really is. But the first two chapters were, I thought, quite funny. That's just me though ¯\(ツ)
Yes definitely, humor often needs to be localized to not be lost. I absolutely recognize that, and am more open to localization when it comes to jokes & wordplay. That being said, SSSSS cares so little about accuracy that their Serial Killer Reincarnated Into Another World chapter added a in 9/11 joke that wasn't there in the original, among many other things. They go far beyond localization and well into distranslation.

"cowper-power" is a grade-A gag
precum comes from the bulbourethral glands (cowper's glands, named after its discoverer).

None of that shit was remotely fucking funny. What is wrong with you? Do you also love Rick & Morty?

Dex-chan lover
None of that shit was remotely fucking funny. What is wrong with you? Do you also love Rick & Morty?
No. I find that I am incompatible with Rick & Morty. I watched some of the first season when it aired, dug the ideas but basically hated the "comedic" sensibility & writing, and so noped on out. It's weird though... R&M seems on paper like the sort of thing I might enjoy, and the whole goddam world seems to think it's the greatest show in history -- so much so that I occasionally wonder if I was wrong and consider giving it another shot. Then I remember the experience of actually watching it and come to my senses. Same goes for The Boys and a million other supposedly funny things that, in fact, suck.

Not sure what any of that that has to do with Kokan Musou tho.

Users who are viewing this thread