Koko wa Ore ni Makasete Saki ni Ike to Itte kara 10-nen ga Tattara Densetsu ni Natte Ita. - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.3

@Kidawesome55

Divine Cock.
H21.jpg

x11.jpg

x26.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Morsealworth His title in the novel's translation is God Fowl, BTW. In the original japanese, it was written as 神鳥 (Kandori), which can be split into 神 (Kami, God) and 鳥 (Tori, Fowl/Bird/Poultry), not 神雄鶏 (Kami + Ondori, rooster/cock{fn.1}).

However, given the chicken jokes later on (they're there in the novel, at least), it'd be better to use chicken than fowl, IMO. And since here{fn.2} it was translated as Divine FSR (which would be 神の, Kami no, AKA "of God" which would make the title literally be "Cock of God" if it was actually written 神の雄鶏{fn.3}) I'd keep that part of the title so it's not too drastic a change next chapter.

On the other hand, just about everyone is gonna remember laughing at him being called the Divine Cock, so anything replacing that second word would be a drastic change. So yeah, change it to God Chicken, God of Chickens, or Chicken God. Unless it is written as 神の, in which case Divine Chicken, God's Chicken, or Chicken of God would be best. Or, it might be that in the next few chapters, someone is going to say something like "No, I won't call him the Divine Cock. Divine Chicken, maybe" in which case this change would ruin the joke. So, I'll leave it to someone who's read the raws of the manga to decide.

{fn.1}: 雄鶏 (Ondori) can be split further into 雄 (Osu, male) and 鶏 (Niwatori, chicken). For reference, hen is 牝鷄 (Hinkei), which can be split into 牝 (Mesu, female) and 鷄.
{fn.2}: Disclaimer: I haven't looked at the raws for the manga, so it might actually be written this way here.
{fn.3}: I think it'd be more likely to be "(something)の神" to make it "God of (something)". That something being either 鳥 or 雄鶏, which are again Fowl and Cock, or perhaps 鶏 (Niwatori, chicken).

Dex-chan lover
What a bizarre turn this story took. "Yes, the vampires attempting to summon inter-dimensional demons must first dispose of their greatest threat. The ordinary chicken that governs dimensional travel." Gettin' some real Space Dandy vibes from some of these narrative choices.

Dex-chan lover
"Divine Cock Gerberga" Ok...
Berga sounds like verga, which is Spanish for dick...

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion - roosters cry out at regular intervals. Like, once per hour or something. This way their hens know where they should be.
Gerberga-sama is clever enough to cry out whenever it would be tactically advantageous (which, honestly, isn't all that clever, but good enough for an epic hero's pet).

@RectorCaedo - I also prefer "Heavenly Fowl".

Double-page supporter
wow so the vampires were desperate for the divine cock

Dex-chan lover
🐔 That cock truly a divine cock. Divine cock-sama deserved to be worshipped. 🐔​

This manga plot hole truly nonsense.
Why this "Holy divine cock" didn't close the other dimension gate when world got attack by devils 10 years ago?
MC and his former party eventually need to go to other dimension hole and kill the boss themself.
Vampire also dumb enough to think it will close dimension gate when divine cock do nothing 10 years ago.

Also this is just 5th chapter and they already repeat dumb-sel in distress plot twice in rows. (Dumb-sel = dumsel + dumb girl)
Look very (un)promise manga...
1. Wolf girl who can't even make a scratch on vampire skin but still come to attack it ALONE
2. Knight girl who think she ALONE can make a scratch on dragon skin (even though it just a fake dragon)

Dex-chan lover
Girl sure loves her cock.

.... oh wait, it's a boy?! Well, that's awkward

Dex-chan lover
@readerX
I suspect it's a regular chicken and they just told the kid that story so he (she?) would run instead of insisting on dying with his family.

Users who are viewing this thread