Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 388 - Final Day of Study Camp 3

Dex-chan lover
She's grown so she can now much better communicate her intentions and true nature, yes. That's what I said.
You said "making friends comes fairly natural to her". What is natural to her is attracting people because of her beauty and manners. To make actual friends she either needs to make big efforts to overcome her natural communication problems or sometimes even the help of other friends.

Aggregator gang
dang. another mangaka afraid of harem and polygamy. This arc was indeed entertaining. For those who said it was a waste or didn't like it. You truly did not understand character progression. I refuse to explain it to you as well. Remain ignorant in your life.

Dex-chan lover
You said "making friends comes fairly natural to her". What is natural to her is attracting people because of her beauty and manners. To make actual friends she either needs to make big efforts to overcome her natural communication problems or sometimes even the help of other friends.
Her beauty and manners are what others see as natural to her. What is natural to her is her kindness, curiosity, and playfulness/competitiveness.

Yes, she needs to overcome her communication problems. You can't just ignore that I've been saying that all along and pretend you're making a point by stating that.

Getting help from friends is a side note in this context.

Dex-chan lover
she was two steps behind

communication is what they gotta tell tadano because i dont even know if hes aware of this feud arc

Dex-chan lover
I feel like people who want the story to get back into Komi and Tadano being cute together and stay there is missing the point of this entire manga.

Dex-chan lover
Imma leave this right here...

327557501_523739513070225_4920634650454868227_n.jpg

I gotta say, I'm ready for this manga to wrap up and finish.
It's been extremely boring ever since Tadano and Komi officially got together. The art feels like it degraded, the jokes don't land, and because there's no chance that Komi and Tadano will break up there's no conflict. Nothing has or will top the Manbagi love triangle.
Things need to either get serious, or it needs to conclude. The amount of progress hasn't warranted 388 chapters.
I gotta agree.
So far, it was okay, but at the beginning of this arc I found myself feeling quite unenthusiastic and maybe even annoyed (Ichou was fun on the trip, but personally, at this point I find her ridiculous plans/ideas too much).

I feel like the set-up of Kawai's character is interesting, but the story moves in a predictable way, there's nothing "out of the box" - this could be in any other manga and you wouldn't notice. But we'll see what comes next, maybe the author will surprise us.

(I get the point of Kawai's character arc (caring for others is important) and it IS relevant, but the execution feels kinda meh.)

Dex-chan lover
Each time you start enjoying this manga, there happens something cringeworthy, on a regular basis. This time it was the quiz ending. Well, considering how Ichou is one of 3 main cringenerators of the series (along with Yamai and Najimi), and that all this interschool competition premise was her fault, it's...befitting at the very least, I guess? It still leaves an awful aftertaste in the mouth. Oh well, the author fed us some turd again. Shame on me.

As for Kawai, she is an interesting character. I've been waiting for her introduction since her first mention at the beginning of the series. And I didn't like the revelation that "oh my she loves him, she loved him even back then, blah blah blah", as it felt stretched, but then it was framed more...naturally, I guess? This type of perfectionist obsessed with efficiency. Rejected Tadano for the sake of efficiency, that idea.
I'm a little surprised that she doesn't follow any gossips and rumors at all, maybe I'm too used to perfectionists who find a bit of time even for that, even if superficially. And honestly I've been waiting an attack on her character from the direction "you rejected him then and look where you are now, you hurt him deeply and from humanistic point of view this was moronic and you are rightfully punished", not this petty "you should focus on your surroundings more".
And again I am surprised that she cried about the outcome of quiz. Me, in her shoes, would've raged about the cringeworthiness of the questions (and, if obsessed with results to such a degree, maybe tried to invalidate the contest).

I still have big expectations for the conclusion of her arc. Here's a list
  1. I want Tadano to learn the fact that she's in love with him, and why she rejected him
  2. I want her to understand that perfectionistic approach doesn't work in relationships, and that she hurt Tadano badly. As well as herself, judging by "sulking in bed for 3 days".
  3. I want her come to conclusion that she shouldn't have been rejecting Tadano. Yes, to date and to deal with chuunibyou affected middle school boy is hard, but come on. This thing passes on its own in most cases anyway. If she really loved him then she should have started dating him. In the end, if you don't accept the person at such moments, then you don't accept them at all.
  4. I want her to concur with the fact that Tadano finding such a wonderful girlfriend was only natural. Heck, I'll even say it was inevitable! I want it to seep into Kawai's consciousness that her chances for happy future with Tadano are equal to 0 (zero) now, and that she is the only one responsible for this
All in all, I want Kawai to suffer for her rejection in middle school. I want her to suffer badly. After first chapter of this arc I was expecting some "ah he has a girlfriend now and I want to steal him just because" bullshit, and was wishing for some sort of retribution in advance. But now, knowing that she really loves Tadano but rejected him nonetheless, I wholeheartedly want her completely trampled over. And depending on sincerity of her repentance she may or may not have a chance to find another good boy, like Manbagi found (well, Manbagi did nothing wrong to begin with and her karma was clear).

But if it culminates with "oh yeah, I should pay more attention to surroundings and participate in conversations and remember gossips and rumors", then I'll be deeply dissappointed. Well, considering what I started this comment with, "a regular basis"...I know what's coming, don't I?

Users who are viewing this thread