Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 21 Ch. 284 - Reunion

Aggregator gang
@starlordabs
I'm prob gonna drop this. There is no fucking progress man. He keeps doing things and putting fillers. This is worse than nisekoi.
Oh there's one far far worse. Looking at you Horimiya.

I'll concede that this series is making progress at a pace slower than asphalt dripping in to a cup (look it up) but there IS progress being made. The series has to focus on progressing several things at once. Expanding Komi's circle of friends (the goal set in from the premise), developing Komi's communication skills, developing Komi and Tadano's relationship, keep up with how Komi's friends are doing, and developing Rumiko's relationship with Tadano. This doesn't even count times where the author might want to fuck around with filler chapters. With so many things the author must juggle with, there's little wonder why the progress is so sloooooow.

But thing is there is progress, most visible with Komi. She's now much more sociable compared with how she has started. The fact that she can talk in public is already a clear indication that she has made good progress.

However if you're only interested in seeing the romantic development of the characters. Though I may argue there progress has been made. I can see (and maybe even concede) that the amount of progress hasn't been satisfying enough. With Rumiko throwing her hat in to the ring, it just slows down progress more.

The amount of plot lines the author ha to keep up with has become a big problem in this series. And judging by how there's still a long way until the end of the story (probably graduation) this will only get worse with time.

If you want satisfying progress of plotlines then safe to say this isn't the manga for you, try looking in to action/adventure manga. This one is more in to slice of life and daily shenanigans. (Admitedly I'm not very fond of this chapter though)

also it's worth noting the author sometimes likes to cut a week's release in to smaller self contained chapters hence why the chapter numbers becomes rather bloated as well.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Mila speaks Japanese. So she's just sitting there, listening to the tone of the conversation escalate for seemingly no reason, while Komi keeps writing stuff down in a language she doesn't read.

Dex-chan lover
mila fans rise up, then stand, then wait patiently for the very last chapter of the series, where mila will get a 1 panel cameo. if the author remembers her among the literally 70+ named characters that have had screentime

Fed-Kun's army
def the best chapter out of this u.s. trip arc, i really liked seeing rei and komi interact again!! all the girls playing with each other at the end was really cute too 🥺

Double-page supporter
@nutman451 Lovely, this is the kind of critic people should strive for instead of outright trashing it like some people did in the comment thread or series page. I agree with you on how slow this manga is and how it can be frustrating for some, the manga despite its romance subplot is still a SoL manga to the core, much emphasis is put on how komi lives out her life after she met tadano as the turning point of her life. Yet despite of that the growth did happen with her slowly opening up the world, and now we reached to the point where she used oral dialogue for convo.

For romance tho, I fear the guy you replied to is the kind of guy that skipped and jumped around the chapters a lot. He did say that manbagi and komi still had 'misunderstanding' whether each one of them like tadano or not, something that has been settled a long time ago during 2nd year festival arc. So it's kinda dumb that he based his reason to drop the manga is by something that he made up himself.

Fed-Kun's army
So were they speaking English or does Mila understand Japanese?

Fed-Kun's army
forgot who that character was. Honestly most Komi chapters go in one ear and out the other

Aggregator gang
@Nihilist1
Oh my, thank you for the compliments.

Though I don't think this series falls under the pure SoL genre (there is a goal that is being worked towards) the series is centered around Komi and sometimes gives the spotlight to side characters (though I admit I wish The author would cut down on fillers).

[starlordabs] did say that manbagi and komi still had 'misunderstanding' whether each one of them like tadano or not

starlordabs: "He [Tadano] is still confused if rumiko likes him and doesn't know if Komi san likes him"

Playing devil's advocate here. starlordabs probably meant that Tadano remains unaware/unsure if Komi or Manbagi has romantic feelings for him. Which is true (see chapter 246 for Komi and 265 for Manbagi).

starlordabs: "But I wish to have some semblance of progress between the MCs too. You cannot have misunderstandings even after 284 chapters."

However this part I disagree. There has been progress (granted it's arguable if it's significant or not) through out the series. The biggest is during the 2nd school festival where Komi and Manbagi has confirmed their feelings for Tadano and are now competing for/helping each other to get his attention. (for proof of the latter, see chapter 246, 265, and 260)

@bigtiddyoneesan
Oh hey, it's yous. Thanks for coming to my defense.

Users who are viewing this thread