Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Vol. 22 Ch. 295 - Flying Home

I'm fine with the slow romantic progression; this manga was always leaning more on the SoL comedy than the romance drama. As long as the author doesn't pussy out and leave us with some ambigious bullshit then he can take the time in getting us there.

Though I must say that I'd rather have more authors going the wotakoi/jitsu wa/horimiya route of having the couple actually getting together and then doing couple things instead of the eternal will they or won't they schtick. I guess the pre-couple stuff is easier to write than having two people actually navigating the difficulties of a relationship.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, but the main characters in this manga are so fucking boring, I cannot believe why anyone gives a shit about this stupid, dragged out love triangle that wasn't even believable in the first place. It's not as if the author can't write likeable characters either, there are plenty of good side characters, and the romance between Glasses-kun and Sweat-chan is actually pretty good. This reminds me of Durarara, where the main trio are generic as fuck, but pretty much everyone else is a great character, though obviously this manga is nowhere near Durarara in terms of quality.

Now that's a face right there.
what.jpg

Dex-chan lover
one day the mangaka will learn how to draw from a z offset, but today was not that day.

Well well well, look who has the balls to come back.

You are semi forgiven because you showed shouko's insecurities, but c'mon , just try to develop the story

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sorry, but the main characters in this manga are so fucking boring, I cannot believe why anyone gives a shit about this stupid, dragged out love triangle that wasn't even believable in the first place. It's not as if the author can't write likeable characters either, there are plenty of good side characters, and the romance between Glasses-kun and Sweat-chan is actually pretty good. This reminds me of Durarara, where the main trio are generic as fuck, but pretty much everyone else is a great character, though obviously this manga is nowhere near Durarara in terms of quality.

@Destroyman - Well, this is sorta like the curse of "Slice of Life" mangas. Even if there is romance(or in this case a love triangle), it will mostly just be antics and such, with little to no progress between big chunks of chapters. It is quite rare the "slice of life" that actually do create good romantic/comedy stories, but for the most part, is mostly antics. But I agree Komi-san herself is honestly a very boring character. She is the legit "Nadeshiko" character that becomes popular just because of her beauty. I really hate those type of chars because they justify the boring personality by saying "She is beautiful!". If I am being completely honest, the Komi-san from the oneshot is 1000000000x much better than the one we got. Like, her character is so bad that she cant literally do anything without someone else's help.

Anyway, sorry about the rant. I am just here waiting for a conclusion, but I have honestly lost all interest in this manga from a while ago. The festival arc I had my hopes up high, seeing the confrontation and resolve that Manbagi and Komi-san had, but then everything just reverted to status quo. We need this story to get the Oregairu conflicts to break that lol

Dex-chan lover
Tbh after this chapter Manbagi deserve a part of the win T.T

Users who are viewing this thread