Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

this... has gotten really stale
also i should've expected it but! gotta love that casual intense transphobia in the comments

Double-page supporter
So many salty bitches in here. Guess that's what happens when something gets popular, seems people just love to complain.
This manga is excellent, a lovely slice of life with wonderful characters and a slow-paced, heartfelt story. I'm glad the pace is so slow, it makes the story feel gentle and easygoing. Some people are way too obsessed with romantic "progress".
This story is about the struggles different people (particularly Komi) have with socialization and communication, and how they live their daily lives and work to better themselves.
Just read the story for what it is, not whatever you want it to be.

And yes, the transphobia against Najimi is disgusting. Anyone who thinks or says those things ought to be ashamed of themselves. Najimi is a great character! They're funny, endearing, and an integral part of both the cast and the story.
Personally, I absolutely love that one of the main characters is nonbinary; it's interesting and really good for representation ^_^

@evergreenoaktree
Don't get me wrong, i love this story and all of the characters. It's my desire to see komi more confident in herself that makes me wish the pace was a little faster. But if it was faster it would feel unnatural. The point is, with a pace already as slow as this one, the author is wasting whole chapters into characters that, as wholesome as they may be, don't really help the story go on (talking about the chapters where komi doesn't make any new friends).

Also, personal opinion, but i feel like 32 chapters for the summer arc are a little too many.

Double-page supporter
@whaa I feel ya, and I hope I didn't come across too harshly! I guess I just don't see the inconsequential chapters as a "waste" so much as a simple diversion from the major plot. The author will do what they do, and in my opinion it's easier to make an effort to find enjoyment in things, rather than wish they were something other than what they are.

It's just frustating to see so many people saying this story is "stale" or "boring" or whatever else, when that's an obviously personal opinion. I've liked every bit of it, even the somewhat-awkward first volume. It's an excellent series and I hate to see it decried by those with unchecked expectations.

This isn't some epic romance- it's a comfy, hilarious, and heartfelt slice of life ^_^
(With definite romantic undertones. Just get married already <3)

Not sure I see the draw of this series, I read up to chapter 32...
And everyone is okay with kidnapping for a few days, just like that? Uhhhhh, that's a little bit too extreme, time to call the cops? lol.
...that aside- is this just a flavor of the moment, here's the next crazy 2-dimensional cardboard stereotype character, now moving on to the next series? I know it's supposed to be comedy and not super serious, but, even good comedies can go a little bit beyond surface stereotypes. Does it improve or just kinda stay the course?

@unknownfactor I thought the same thing when I first started reading this series. It definitely has a rough start, but it gets better before too long. The earlier chapters seem to have a lot of really strange and extreme themes
(like the whole kidnapping bit that you mentioned)
, but I found that over time it mellows out and turns into a more cohesive story.

@evergreenoaktree no worries, you didn't come across as harsh at all! I know how it feels to see a series you love getting berated. I guess you're right, I should have explained myself a little better. I enjoyed all of the chapters deeply. When I said waste I didn't mean to sound mad, but because of the language barrier I didn't know how to express myself better, and I apologize

(Also yeah I wanna see the grandchildren c:)

Poor manbagi, shes so cute but shes not the cover girl and is going to get EBINO'ed super hard.

Dumbasses on reddit asking for a harem, honestly you have to skip the last 190 chapters and misunderstand the tone of the whole series to make such a dumb demand

That moment when you remember it's a shounen manga and the story will only get dumber instead of mature.

Users who are viewing this thread