Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

Anyone else think the prebious 2 chapters were boring? Im not saying we have to immediatly progress the story but a location other than the school would be nice

Fed-Kun's army
Does this series ever hit its stride? Im into ch. 22 and its not grabbing me. Its almost boring and average.

This is just my opinion on this manga. 🙂

I really thought this manga would be different. I was really enjoying the chapters before the cliché love triangle came in the picture. Earlier chapters were funny and cute, (some of them were wholesome) and the characters are all lovable (especially the he/she najimi). I don't hate romance but I've read too much shoujo manga to be fed up with such plot. I just want this manga to be light and funny with a dash of romance without too much of drama. Maybe it was needed for character development of komi but what happened to finding a hundred friends? That was supposed to be the focus.

I'm dropping this for now. Maybe I'll read it again in 2 years after they get over the love triangle.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't really understand why it got so popular, which chapter made everyone else get so invested?

@IronicWeeabo i think it is the fact that it is really funny sometimes and for me it dont rush thing, romance is good but they all have personnal difficulties so, people get invested with all the manga overall. sorry bad english

Dex-chan lover
The oneshot episode was ok but I see three big problem in this serialization:

The first issue is that the editor clearly suggested to design the male main character as an average student while the author have no idea what should a common person be. Tadano is drawed clearly as a "special" person and in almost every chapter the author shout out loud to the 4th wall how he is "on the average", this is quite cringe.

The second issue is the genre: at the beginning this was a good (also weird) comic manga, there were a lot of nonsense gag and incredible iperbole, such as shinobi kun classmate and Tadano kidnapping. Soon after the manga deviated from the comic genre to be maybe more serious(?) or maybe just because the author runned out of gags in his repertoire. The fact is that now this is hardly a Slice of Life manga, I see too much plot, it is hardly a romcom, the author clearly doesn't know how to tell a romantic story, and it is hardly a comic manga, there are very few gags. This is nor meat nor fish, it is just weird.

Third and most serious issue: the whole point of this manga is how Komi should overcome her communication problems through the "power of friendhip&love" cliché thing but the author spend tens of chapters in world building and then rush character development in one or two nonsensical chapters to then repeat the cycle.

This is not a good manga.

Geez people keeps on over analyzing stuffs
Learn to enjoy stuffs, if you dont like "x" thing just leave it.
Its not like this manga will hurt you or anything.

Double-page supporter
@Savarizki Nah fam, every medium no matter how critically acclaimed it is, there will always be criticism and none can't stop it.

--------------------------------------------------

I really appreciate constructive criticism like @critico here. (But let's be real here, I took yours with a bit of salt because I really adore this manga). So I'll try to answer your issues here.

First Issue, every character has a play on their name so Tadano being "Average" is his trademark (I guess) but I somehow agree that stretching it this far in the manga is really off.

Second Issue, it's bound to happen. Romcoms generally have a history of being silly and comical then suddenly shifting gears better than a drift racer but worry not, the manga returned to its usual chapters (silly and comical but added with a hint of "seriousness")

Third Issue, I don't agree with your take on the general theme of the manga (Komi's communication disorder) because you can clearly see her progress throughout the chapter and when she really show it, she does it well. So technically author-san(?) is still on track. Regarding your take on characters, I completely agree with you. There are at least hundreds of characters and they're hard to keep track of. I don't know why author-san(?) did it that way but it's kinda annoying rereading chapters.

Anyways, I hope I changed your mind with this commeng cause I personally love it but if I don't then It's fine. Have a good day to you

Group Leader
As much as I love the newest chapter as of this writing, I'm also interested in seeing a chapter about our mysterious knight girl, Kishi Himeko! PLEASE AUTHOR MAKE A CHAPTER STARRING HER!

Fed-Kun's army
so i stopped at like chapter 200, is there some development or still not ?

Users who are viewing this thread