Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Vol. 14 Ch. 68 - Glimpse of a Hero, Part 3

Dex-chan lover
i remember these chapters being one of the best
aside the tournament
from what i read of the novel. might get me back into reading the novel, but at one point the translator shifted away from dekinaidiary and the new translators didn't held their promise to deliver the new chapters. been a while since, so i might give them a new try or look for another group.

Double-page supporter
I know I'm nitpicking a little but why is the demon lord and that one dude just standing there commenting on mc fighting? Help him out or something.

Dex-chan lover
Problem is this story always shit on this kind of people, princess and prove the other , Hiro right.

Double-page supporter
Man, bargaining chip sound like an excuse of the pacific demon lord and now it ain't even gonna come to that.
I wouldn't called her naive but I will call her too soft for current situation. Her type of ruler might work after peace is established to keep the already cold flame of hatred cold for the foreseeable future but not now when the fire is still burning with the highest fury.

This demon lord is too weak. Not everyone in the world has the same fairy dreamland ideals as her. If she wants peace she has to be more tyrannical because honestly, not everyone wants to just co-exist peacefully.

Cerberus, a three-headed canine, coming out of a feline. Seems legit...

Dex-chan lover
Dont worry bros our Hiiro will teamcarry as always. You do not have to judge the innocent-minded demon king since she's unique as she is. Otherwise she cannot forge more endurable bonds with her thralls as long as she has the power to outplay the adversary. The problem here to me is just that the author simply downplayed the elf and buffed the opponents too much.

Double-page supporter
@Kayriel Holy shit, if anybody felt like their opinion was under personal attack, it's you.

While there may have been no indication of what that dude was or was not going to do "taking him hostage is always a good idea" is an OPINION that I do actually disagree with, but by no means was I attacking you or said sentiment. More importantly, by your own words "he's a necessary existence for the enemy", right? So kill him and problem solved, he can't be necessary if he's dead, you don't have to plan for any unexpected bullshit and you've taken a general or whatever from the enemy. Win fucking win.

Your feelings seem legit hurt because people called out this princess for being wrong. Now you're leveling personal attacks and demeaning people, trying to explain why keeping kitty dude hostage would have been a good idea IF ONLY the MC had restrained the dude or some other ass pull like the MC wasn't just about to murk ya boy (that's kill him for those uninitiated) and the princess stopped him...

Nah.

It was stupid. They should've killed em. The end.

This is, of course, an opinion. One that seems to be shared by many "smoothbrains" as you've called us. Hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
i'm starting to hate this demon empress, this dude is one of the strongest enemy soldiers and instead of killing him and making sure the enemy is weakened she wants to let him live because "that's what i want". now look what happened, this is why you kill your enemies.

Double-page supporter
killing wont solve the issue lady it seems that the all of the older generation of the beast kingdom is trash killing them all would allow a new generation to rule

@Kayriel
I see that you've been defending the girl's plan, so I'm going to offer a few counter points.

1: Why would a warrior race ever want to attempt diplomacy for the return of one of their strongest fighters? He lost; he's dead to them. Even if they did want him back, any faction like them would be pissed with the Demon Lord's methods.

"You can't beat us, so you take a hostage?" Just imagine the perceived insult.

2: The Demon Lord just isn't suited for the position. She's literally just a kid who doesn't understand the concept that not everyone wants to co-exist peacefully.

There's no recourse from that, if a faction doesn't want peace, you either have to back off because you aren't prepared to fight for it, or grow up and realise diplomacy only works when every party wants it to.

She might be a good ruler during peace times, but she's categorically incapable of bringing about peace during war times. It's not that she wants what's best for everyone - that'd involve understanding that maybe some people aren't able to reconcile - she just wants to force her ideals on everyone...in the most passive way possible. Look at how many people have died and she's made zero progress.

What is she going to do if someone says no? Cry? Or wait for her subordinates to get shit done? It's Naruto all over again but with none of the self-awareness, at least he got that some people have to die.

3: The "good plan" you're talking about never even existed, she came in and declared Hiro not kill him simply because she didn't want him to. Hiro asked why, and her right-hand had to swoop in with a justification, which was 100% on the fly otherwise he'd have already tried to restrain the beastman.

She wanted him to live because she isn't fit to rule. She wants peace, but isn't prepared to fight for it, or even let others do so in her place; everyone has to get along because she said so.

That is why this was idiotic. It's not because of what happened, it's because of why, and the fact that it could've easily been avoided.

Like someone else said, any lives lost here are on her. I know if it comes up then her aids and Hiro will coddle her and say it's not her fault, but it definitely is.

I don't even dislike idealism; it's the fact that most idealists aren't actually prepared to work towards their vision, they just expect everyone else to change because they don't like the way things are.

Dex-chan lover
Realistically, I can't imagine it being anything but a losing battle if someone with her attitude's in charge.

Dex-chan lover
Man, everyone here is out for blood. I can see why getting rid of a powerful enemy would make it easier to win the battle, but the demon lord's end goal is peaceful coexistence.
Killing off a champion or a general would just create resentment and make it harder to work towards long-lasting peace.
Also, a hostage is worth more than a corpse.

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth except when said hostage just released 50 S rank monsters (that he just said he had earlier) into your city, and could probably wipe out thousands of your civilians.

That sounds like a bad play to me. I mean, your people being massacred, is that good or bad for long lasting peace? Will your people holding their dead children and brothers and sisters be happy about a peaceful coexistance?

Sounds pretty bad all round.

Aggregator gang
@fatalystic
Good point, he has been pretty badass, so they could of assumed he killed all his monsters in the dark prison before breaking out.

But I still dislike the princess, or just the ppl in power that let all their citizens get hurt or killed because they are too soft to make the hard decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread