Konjiki no Word Master: Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat

Fed-Kun's army
@gaigous Bullshit, humanity as a whole prefers neoteny as a main criterion of beauty (and evolved as species with neoteny as main change from Neanderthal type to Cro-Magnon type). Do at least that much research.

Dex-chan lover
@Morsealworth I meant the modern take on beauty, not the "bang whatever it takes to get us out of the stone ages" type of beauty...

@lorkhan: There would probably be a backlash that would either cripple or kill him, because it's "too strong". That's one limit on his word magic stated outright when he first read its skill description, that words that are too powerful may rebound and harm the user. So unless he has no other options, he won't attempt to write 死 because he does not know if it would rebound.

@Iorkhan Theres probably limits to his magic, or probably consequences if he does the wrong thing since his magic has parts to it that are hidden. If he carelessly writes death on someone what if it kills him too? Or it kills things in the area along with that person lol.

Thanks Shurim3am for taking this up! HCS has officially announced that they're dropping this from their scans.

Fed-Kun's army
@gaigous Again, bullshit. There's no modern in beauty, it's physiological. And yes, neoteny is still the main factor in attractiveness, seconded only by averageness. Google "Neoteny and attraction" to find several works on the issue, I'm not doing your homework for you.

Dex-chan lover
@Morsealworth Dude, I looked it up the second you used the word, and I can see that your definition of youthful and mature is very black and white, so we'll have to agree to disagree on its application here.

Fed-Kun's army
@gaigous You see, the problem isn't with just neoteny - if you look it up, the love itself is an attachment made by extrapolation of parent-child relationship. And the main axis of that parent-child relationship, the initial one that created the whole thing was Electra-Griselda complex axis. Tрat's another reason lolis are attactive. Objectively.

Dex-chan lover
@Morsealworth Are you implying that humanity as a whole is genetically inclined to find the aesthetic of a 13-year-olds body sexually attractive? If so, most people are going for long legs, juicy thighs, hourglass figures, and a D-Cup or above anyway, including me.

Dex-chan lover
The "cheat" is unique, but that's about it. The MC isn't likeable, nor identifiable. Comes off bland and boring. For that matter so are most of the supporting characters that later join his party. I don't know if it's a translation issue or because the author and artist are doing a half assed job but it's just I don't really care about any of the characters. I made it out to after the red spider fight to see if it gets better but it doesn't really.

Fed-Kun's army
@fatalystic The word would not rebound, rebound only happens in unfinished conjurations. What should happen is that this specific word would be so powerful it would take almost hours to complete. It would end up being impractical to use in actual combat.
And If he tried to use it, he would most definitely be stopped and only then would a rebound happen.
There's also the fact that he is restraining himself on using certain words. He has already mentioned he is not interested in trying any words that could revive people, and he doesn't want to rely on instant kill.

@SunSun Yes, I also think this adaptation made the MC become far too generic. He was a much better character in the WN, almost unrelatable due to being an egocentric jerk, but very interesting to watch. THe side characters are also being underdeveloped due to some info being restrained in this version. At least the LN version should not have this last problem.
But so far, I'd recomend the WN version instead.

Users who are viewing this thread