Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Magic

Dex-chan lover
I like it but some lines are messed up. Page 24, last box, it says "My arm are leg that just got healed . . ." says are instead of and.

Double-page supporter
Great work, but there's some "typos" you can improve it, but for now it's still readable and quite good quality so good job, thank you for the translation.

The start was really promising, but I really dislike how they tackled magic. It was a perfect opportunity for him to struggle with something and not have it all be done for him automatically by the nanobots.

Yeah, the ability to just be able to use magic and even better than native users seems a bit much.

Supporter
Like I said previously, "Nanomachines, son." - Prime Minister Steven Armstrong. Nanom essentially acts as a full on game guide lol

Fed-Kun's army
Did you just say 'explosion magic'?!
10vzx9vsi9y01.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
I mean some are complaining of how fast he got to using magic, but the dude literally has an AI/Nano Machines/Space Wikipedia/Laboratory all in one in his head and body. The AI says that magic is only possible on that planet because there's mana on it, and since it works based on knowledge and intent/image power, then of course the dude is gonna learn and be OP at it real fast thanks to the Nanoms.

This series actually explains shit instead of leaving it up to the imagination of the reader, it's refreshing really.

Eh, if he was going to be able to use magic, the nanobots were likely to make it's use fairly trivial. I'm not sure why anyone expected that he would struggle. I mean it wouldn't really make much sense if he could use magic and the nanobots were useless is helping in that area for reasons.

This series has probably done one of the least lazy ways of explaining magic. We have an explanation for how it works and why it's on that world. Hell, the world building thus far has also made it clear that it might not actually be unique to that planet, but is implied to be rare, since only one other world was brought up that showed a similar phenomenon.

I wouldn't fault anyone for not be happy that the MC is ending up rather OP because OP MC is rather cliché. Even if this series is a is a little less lazy about it compared to other series.

Fed-Kun's army
My two gripes here are how did the AI/Nanom know that he had to use mental imaging to manifest the fireballs? I guess one can conclude that from the narrative, Alan and Cleria may have talked in greater details about how magic was used, but that's not how it was presented in the manga. In the manga, the AI/Nanom simply analyzed her and then explained to him how to use magic and she was even surprised by his prowess in using magic. She gave no detailed explanations about it from what we saw.

My second gripe is that now that he uses magic, and uses it to such a high level with AI/Nanom helping him, that's going to minimize his need for his technology. I suspect now this was the authors intent all along, the whole man from space thing was only the gimmick used to prop up the early chapters and now we're going to cruise into typical Isekai tropes, not that I'm complaining entirely. I just hoped he would be using a combination of his tech (guns, high-tech armor, whatever) and his experience from playing VR games (sword fighting) to move through the story and maybe once Ms. A.I. Conrad got online, she'd be able to help out a bit more from orbit.

Him using magic isn't a killer for me. It's fine and to be expected once the fantasy world trope was used, but guess I'm just a little disappointed that the author didn't go the path of other modern soldiers in fantasy game world plots where the modern/future soldier can't use magic and has to focus on using their tech.

Dex-chan lover
This ain't half bad. The character backgrounds aren't bad either. But I also believe an autotranslation software to be in use here. I'm not complaining though. This only needs a bit proofreading.

I would change, "He is quite the expert" to "He's quite the talent." The former indicates knowledge, which she knows he doesn't have any, as she had to explain it to him and the later indicates raw, well, talent.

Thanks for the translations, was hoping this would get picked up since I like the novel.

Speaking of his op nanoms, I was hoping Cleria would pick up those abilities as well from his blood transfer, but she only got the healing.

Users who are viewing this thread