Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Arena and Promise

Dex-chan lover
>Communication with EPR connection

Huh, I guess that confirmed that they could freely use quantum entanglement to communicate distances. That's neat.

Dex-chan lover
So he's going to create a kingdom of science. I wonder where have I heard this before.

Dex-chan lover
Aw, yiss, the Imperial Truth being delivered to the lost shards of Humanity.

Supporter
That sucks dude, don't worry about the translation and stuff. Surprised you didn't just drop it. Thanks for your work!

Group Leader
@casteryvan
Feelsbadman. I know that situation all too well, since I was in your same position not too long ago. Just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Don't lose hope, as this will become a mere speed bump behind you that you'll eventually get past. Godspeed.

Dex-chan lover
You have always been great and fast translations man, I wish you luck and take the time you need to get everything in order.

Dex-chan lover
This is Rimworld except it explains why infestations happen on every planet, and magic fantasy mods... I love it.

Dex-chan lover
I would love to see him get a ways into his conquest only to find the planet really does have a goddess.

@zanonyn
First, "necessary" is not the same as "overconfident".
MCs problem is that he assumes that he can take over the planet all by himself. That is definition of overconfident. Even with technological difference.

Nah that'd be crap
That would be fun. Magical fantasy worlds have gods which are nigh omnipotent. And after MS assuming "ha, their world is primitive, I can take over", encountering a nigh omnipotent entity which effortlessly defeats the MC would be a good slap in the face and a nice reversal of the overused trope.

The issues here is that when technology and magic clash, it is common for people to assume that technology would win. And that's where those series are currently going.
However, a civilization with magic can go in its own unique direction which will be unlike that of a technological civilization, and would still be as powerful if not more.

For example, at the extreme case you could have a supreme being which has long transcended humanity (or whatever it was oriignally), and for example, is one million years old and spent most of its life researching the secrets of universe. For all practical purposes, it would be all-powerful. Such entity is more plausible in a magical world, as those more readily provide means to achieve immortality, or transcend limits of their species. Unlike technological universes.

So a clash with something like THAT could be extremely interesting. Sadly, it is much more likely that from here on the manga will head in direction of MC roflstomping every empire on the planet.

I see, he is going to prepare the planet of psykers for an impending invasion that will happen in a couple of centuries, once he dies of old age, he will give humanity of that planet a fighting chance in the long run, nice

Users who are viewing this thread