Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Explanation of the Plan

For those who vouch for the clones to be a reliable source of man power, that really wasn't the point in founding a presences on the planet.

They need a steady and more long term approach to the problem, so having clones would be equivalent to a Pit Crew without having a car first.

Dex-chan lover
This is fucking hilarious, won't be surprised if he jacks off in a tissue and tells his three wives to figure it out.

Imo the light military brainwashing has something to do with MC's being a little too dense. At least to the twins, for Cleria... well... poor her, she's just his "little sister".

Not sure why people here call him dense.
Let's assume he knows only war, only military soceity, nothing else. On the space ship a lot of people are in deep sleep. He would not know much about private relationships. Communicate mostly with the AI.
So, if someone never experienced it, how can he be dense ?

Dex-chan lover
I know that it was touched on just ever-so-slightly in the past with mentioning that nanomachines were only something given to the Imperial military and that there are strict regulations on what a human is and what a human is allowed to be (meaning genetic manipulation is probably a HUGE no-no in Imperial law), wouldn't there be the basis of life extension technology? I mean, you already have nanomachines that can repair cellular structures and regrow limbs. It's not THAT ridiculous that he could be able to live out those 1,200 years with the right technology.

Of course, whether it's legal and/or ethical is another question. Then again, he's violated so many protocols already that you may as well throw out the book and just do whatever it takes to succeed.

@DrakeMaDx
Let's assume he knows only war, only military soceity, nothing else. On the space ship a lot of people are in deep sleep. He would not know much about private relationships. Communicate mostly with the AI.
Like how a monk would say, "I wasn't born a monk..." he wasn't born a soldier. Yes, he's probably got no experience. But this is near autistic levels of not understanding or reading between the lines.
At least with Cleria there is a tiny bit of leeway with him not being familiar with noble/feudal structure and this planet's customs, but... When he tells the clones "yeah, I ask that your children be Imperial military, I'm sure OUR children" and then they are flustered and ask if they are fine with him that someone that isn't as dense as osmium would be able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that they're expecting his baby batter personally.

@Dr_Harnsaft
As per previous chapters, he didn't even want clones of the AI/Iris and they were created accidentally without his knowledge. He told the ship AI that no more clones will be built because it's such an illegal thing. At least with the clones of Iris, he wasn't aware that they were created because of his orders. Going around and cloning the rest of the crew would be mighty unethical. Plus, there's another issue besides the moral question: how do they get to earth? The twins could only come via escape pods. Of which the one he arrived in almost killed him. And there's only so many on the ship. And the ship has no life support/atmosphere, so they can't stay there. And, only on the ship can they clone people.

So even if he DID want to do it, he really can't because they wouldn't be able to be transported to the surface and couldn't stay aboard the ship.

Dex-chan lover
The MC may a bit dense but unlike other protagonists I kinda feel this is earned? I mean this mofo is planning a straight up take over the world operation, of course his head is in that game, he sees the whole descendants matter has a far off part of the operation and his military training just takes it from there without considering much else. Still let's see how far does the author take's it

Still an enjoyable read so far, thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
It's a shame this great series will be taking a month off; there aren't many space opera manga. Still, thanks for translating! I'll look forward to when this series comes back! :)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your hard work and sharing this story.

@hitmonakey47 More like he's going from Space Robinson to Space Hernán Cortés de Monroy y Pizarro Altamirano

@mikoreimu may they be blessed in the emperors light, (and be smart enough to not fry medieval brains showing them the super computer with triple cooling loop)

@Dadangdut33 he didn't. He technically proposed to one (indirectly, and he even said "I do" so I guess he was going for that). To the clones he said "your" children, not "our" children. Not his problem those two are mental

Aggregator gang
@Mothified Nope he didn't propose to Cleria either. It's just they have different context of what "joint rulership" means and didn't bother to clarify it.

Users who are viewing this thread