Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 8 Ch. 47 - Mother Daughter Showdown

Double-page supporter
what a stupid question looool....... PUT a mage for 1000 years in a place without anything except him, without distractions, without the need of daily necesities and you get an OP MAGE.

Dude that spider should be used as a training ground, if 30 days equals 1000 years then 720 hours = 1000 years, 7.2 hours = 10 years, and finally the best result would be using it for....
3.6 hours for 5 years training where you dont get tired, dont need to eat, dont need anything.

Dex-chan lover
srslly everytime the time spider thing is brought back up... I keep on thnking that they were fricken stupid to do so. I dont remember the reason they gave before(and am so lazy to go back and look) but...but if it was about human morals and how they don't have the right to kill/ judge another human being, that is fucking bullshit. Like letting another man suffer and waste away for a thousand(intended) is in any way more ethical than straight killing someone.

Aggregator gang
MC going for the red title when he's aware that's not his best magic skill because he needs show he's living a better second life repeating his first life... I still see no point to challenge flame guy

Still think the way this is handle is stupid. All he had were concepts and theory, and without pratice, there's no way he could have advance his magic unless you're he is a super genius and hit all key points properly in all his theory and he tried it the first time and go yup all perfect.

What an absolute LOAD
The man would be a mindless husk, and wouldn't remember anything
Wouldn't even remember how to SPEAK

For fuck sake we don’t need this kind of bullshit development. In the first place, a human brain does not have enough capacity to remember 1000 years of memories. In the end he wouldn’t be able to even put 2 words together let alone remember all the complex magic theories he thought up of. The next problem is how the fuck is he still alive. He can’t eat or drink whilst he is in that state and he would’ve died from hunger. We don’t need this man to appear again

We don't have a Villain...
Remember that arrogant dude who did shit? Let's make him overpower with a shitty development, people will like it...
Well...no.

Their guild has 3 mages, 1 Warrior, and 1 Vanguard?

That kinda unbalance

Dude trained in magic time dilation prison... Honestly if that was possible in that world, somebody would have tried it already.

The whole point was, its an inescapable torture dimension of the mind - the magic was well researched and the method of imprisonment understood.
Prior to it being used as a prison, people must have tried using it for other things... like meditation and training or anything else.
If it was at all even remotely feasible to learn and grow while inside the mind prison, it would have been flagged not as a prison for mages, but a prison for magic-less people and a training tool for mages.

For example, every day you could have your teacher throw you into the zone, study for a few years in the zone, but an hour after entering - drop out back into reality for a vacation.
If its being used in this world as a prison, then this is impossible. but its not because author needs super bad guy.

Dex-chan lover
Okay this feels pretty bad plot wise. I find it hard to believe that this is the very FIRST conceited villain to have the will power to pull this off and do a thousand years worth of training instead of going insane. Really anyone that’s done something bad enough to get this level of punishment I feel is pretty persistent and probably already “knocked”enough in the head to try this (or is already insane and this doesn’t faze them). And it only took what a month? I just feels like this has either happened before or the super wise council of magic users would have made a contingency plan for this (actually how have NONE of them tried this themselves? What there was no one with the creativity, lust for power, and courage (well probably foolishness) to try this before? Am I supposed to believe that?). Secondly do the mages really have his broken method of training lying around and ONLY use it for torture and capital punishment? Thirdly why would thye even leave him alive? This punishment if it had worked as intended is clearly cruel and unusual (so they would actually have the moral high ground by just killing him), he wasn’t withholding any information (and would have forgotten it if he was) so there’s no point in torturing him, and they aren’t making this public so he isn’t a warning or display of power. The very fact that they are keeping him alive just seems like a waste of resources (and additionally now pointlessly dangerous). Overall, it just feels like the author wanted a super powerful bad guy for the sake of plot and threw away all logic and sense to get one, which inherently makes a pretty bad and/or bland villain and a disappointing storyline because that poorly written villain is the focus/main antagonist. This and the weird isekai’d Japanese advanced battleship that did nothing a few chapters ago, makes me wonder what the author’s even doing sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261 : my guess is this is the first time they tried it on someone with decent magic talent and knowledge. If he did not have the cores mastered then he would not be able to develop new magics in there since the spells were having no effect. Though no realizing that the victim might be able to overcome the seal is a bit of a problem, either it takes so long no one though it was possible and over time that knowledge degraded to become "impossible" for the majority, and very few know it is possible, or they were overly cocky. I am thinking a bit of both, the association seems very arrogant due to being top dog for way to long.

@TNGDeadly : he does not need to remember everything, but keep certain aspects in his mind. The research is not needed, just the final spells, The human mind can store a lot of info and he can let most of the milennium become a blur and focus on what is important constantly repeating it to keep the memory clear(ish). Plus with magic it would not be to hard to sustain his body for a month, heck the spider might put it in a form of suspended or slowed time.

Fed-Kun's army
@TNGDeadly if your memories are only "white" and whatever formula are written, it might be possible, speech shoulda become disjointed thou. but hey, this is manga. THere is that one manga where the kid trains with the sword for 100 million years, and i call absoulte bullshit on that one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread