Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami

Dex-chan lover
Reading the comment section...
Yeah I guess it's a bit upsetting that the chapter got less chapter.. but it's pretty understandable, considering the chapter is (how do I say this..?) divided into part 1,2 and so on.. and I guess one does not simply made manga chapter based from a Novel yeah?

Still, glad I can read this every week! Thanks for uploading and keep up the good works Chocolate Empire Scans! ?
Oh and good luck on your study and improving your grades. ?

Dex-chan lover
Just marathoned all of the currently translated chapters and omg!!! This manga is pretty good aAAa
Is the isekai aspect really needed though? Since the start, MC hardly ever acted like an isekai chara and has completely become "Iris" so I think this series would have been more immersive if the setting wasn't an otome game >_>

Edit: Also, does anyone know what chapter of the LN/Novel the manga is currently at?

@auodere its probs needed because her mindset and a lot of the things she implements is from modern day society. If she somehow came up with those on her own, it'd probably make her a bit too unrealistic of a person

Dex-chan lover
@silvergraey7265 Idk, since the manga does a lot of world building already, the author could have worked around that by having MC learn about tax systems in neighboring/ancient countries or in books. It just feels like it only has isekai since it's an easy plot device and it's the LN trend right now haha

@auodere true. But I still would rather this than the MC learning it in neighboring or ancient countries though. It seems like the only reason why the MC is really a threat is that no one else has this kind of stuff, and I highly doubt that ancient countries would be this advanced

Dex-chan lover
@silvergraey7265 hey, you'd be surprised! the manga is in the fantasy genre after all~ there could be a supernatural fairy civilization w/ advanced tax laws out there LOL even irl, plenty of today's advances have been built up from ancient concepts and trading knowledge. It'd feel more organic to me if the narrative had her mix and match different ideas from sources all around her rather than introduce already fully developed concepts into another world and being hailed as a genius for it. But then again, that might be asking too much from a LN LOL

But if you don't agree w/ my opinion, no worries! i still really enjoy this manga, just wanted to discuss/share :>

Dex-chan lover
@auodere

The good thing about the iseaki part here is that is not some sort of deus ex machina that can be used to pull out of its ass a solution when needed. She came to the world, used her knowledge to get out of a sticky situation and establish a start point. From there the plot has shifted to somewhere that can't be resolved just by using her own experience, she is facing new problems and needs to gather new information, have new experiences and rely on others much more but at the same time her mentality is pretty much the same as always, so she has to juggle with all of that to go on.

Unlike most isekais here the isekai premise is used pretty well. In other mangas she just would go with futuristic based on magic weaponry she came up with in a whim to blow her enemies' asses in one panel. Because we all know regular people equals magic engineers in isekais, no?

Dex-chan lover
@mug3n Yeah, her struggles and willingness to work with the isekai people is why I still enjoy the series. It helps that she rarely mentions her original world/identity now

Group Leader
Yeah, her struggles and willingness to work with the isekai people is why I still enjoy the series. It helps that she rarely mentions her original world/identity now
If we had a like system I'd "like" this

Guess I'll be reading this to fill the hole in my heart for Bakarina

40 Chapters Later...

Okay, this manga is great. I am addicted. I need more

Man it really feels like the first 5 chapters were an afterthought, even the isekai tag seems out of place with how wholeheartedly she changed. Interesting at least

Yes, It is more like she never was reincarnated. Instead, this character just happened to obtain all her knowledge. Isekai was just an excuse to give her this knowledge and has little to no importance past that.
Its a great story, but the(very few) attempts to make it an isekai hurt it more than they help IMHO.

Dex-chan lover
I believe they said at some point that both her memories from before being reborn and all of Iris’s memories have meshed together which is why she hasn’t had to relearn anything about the area she’s in now. I think this helps the story more because it doesn’t give us out of place, forced exposition. It also keeps us away from the crappy “mc misunderstood or didn’t know something so now there’s going to be unnecessary conflict/cliffhanger and everything will be resolved within 2 pages of the next chapter” cliches.

This is a distinct genre from isekai. There's an otome game/romance novel trope that occasionally does blend with isekai but frequently has nothing to do with a low fantasy setting like isekai. Instead of it being another world it's usually based on a game or story in a renaissance europish location. That tag doesn't exist on mangadex, most likely because it's less of a manga trope and more of a light novel trope. This particular novel tends to ignore the initial premise, though, so it rarely plays into much of anything.

Dex-chan lover
About this case, she was put in her position and she had to learn how things were in the fief and later in the kingdom, so what you say doesn't apply entirely. Of course she knew the basics of this high society and management in our world, that is a good start, but not much about the intrincacies like the church, the slums or the internal fight for power. She even didn't thought about holes in the law that could lead to corruption.

Users who are viewing this thread