Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
The art was incredible. Gotta say this manga really captured the feeling of old Hong Kong with those tight and crowded buildings. That zoom-out view of the title card tho. That was gorgeous.
Although Kowloon Walled City isn't here anymore, there are still many places in HK that has similar vibes, such as Shum Shui Po and Mongkok, to a lesser degree of course.

There aren't anyone who wears Chinese dresses anymore tho, we don't do that here

lol the author copy and pasted the main characters from her previous manga but removed the age gap that prevented them from having a successful romance

Small nitpick, but I feel like having him say "you fool!" is way too serious for such a laid-back guy. "Idiot!" or even "Dumbass!" would work better for such a, well, dumbass of a dude. I assume this is translating "Baka!", yes? Unless it turns out that he's actually an arrogant kung-fu master in the next couple of chapters, "you fool!" feels out of character, at least from what character he's shown so far.

Dex-chan lover
@Barnacles did we even read the same thing. you mean Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ?
I see nothing familiar between characters. In fact, they even somewhat opposite

Kowloon has always fascinated me, I'm glad to see more people sharing the interest. It was basically a human hive, where every street is a shady back alley.

Dex-chan lover
Glasses are ALWAYS better
EJgdESpXYAAlDHm

Double-page supporter
Damn. The shots or art composition however you call it is damn nice. I feel like the anime version of this would look amazing

Weird they are calling it "Kowloon" which refers to a region about the size of Manhattan, instead of what it actually is "Kowloon Walled City," which just happened to have been located in Kowloon and was about the size of 5 football fields.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't into it at first but now I am. Really like her character, male lead I'm iffy on but I like where it's headed

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the place was nice if you don't consider all the shady stuff that happened inside of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread