Kowloon Generic Romance - Vol. 4 Ch. 29

Have I missed something? Did the glasses character appear before in previous chapters? And did the kiss happen? some pls tell me.

Fed-Kun's army
@TheAnnoyingBob Yes, the president of the Hebinuma Medical Corporation has appeared before, you have just forgotten. He first appears as face on a billboard at the end of Chapter12, makes his first in-person appearance at the end of Chapter 13, & his first significant plot-relevant appearance is Chapter 16. The incident with the kiss is Chapter 17.

Dex-chan lover
My brain is fuck. Is everyone and everything here a clone?

Dex-chan lover
@DPLBatoDex dont help the speed readers. if they dont wanna take the time to read it, dont help them.

anyone remember the one person in the comments who was so mad because the badguys were gay lovers?

Group Leader
Boh Loh Bao (菠蘿包) is the standard version of the pineapple bun, and Boh Loh Yau (菠蘿油) is the version with the butter inside.

In my opinion, pineapple buns are visually and taste-wise better than melon buns. Furthermore, the buttered version of the bun can probably kill a person with the calories.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@pearhi

Holy crap when you said buttered I thought you meant like a pineapple bun with a butter based custard filling or something.
No they just straight up sliced into the bread and shoved a whole slab of butter in there!!!

Fed-Kun's army
"ha mm cha" is the noun and "yum cha" is the verb- you'd say "let's go eat ha mm cha" or "let's go yum cha." That is to say, "yum cha" is not a traditional brunch, but rather the act of consumtion. Also, I believe "ha mm cha" would be the brunch, while you can "yum cha" any time of the day, and this type of food would be the kind that you'd get from restaurants that serve dim sum. If you disagree with anything I said, please lmk; I'd love to learn more.

Also a bit surprised with the usage of "boh lo bao" rather than the common English moniker of 'pineapple bun'- took me a second to register lol

Dex-chan lover
The metaphor with the carrier case was really good, and it explained the emotions people have very clearly. I feel like the author really put a lot of thought into this.

Also, I guess it's safe to assume that eveyone can have a double at this point :)
If Kudou is a double too, then he's holding on to a grief that isn't really his, just like how Kujirai was holding on to a love that wasn't really hers. Both are pretty tragic if you think about it.
But just like Hebinuma said, "if you can't feel the soul inside a new carrier case, it's simply because you haven't created any memories with it". Nothing stopping you from making new memories!

I never expected that we'll get this kind of story when i first started reading this manga. But holy crap this is soo interesting

Users who are viewing this thread