Kowloon Generic Romance

Dafu, I got bamboozled in this latest chapter. I am confused, Someone please fill me in when the next chapter comes out

I love this even more.
I do not want to compare this with the author's previous work: both of them were able to captivate my heart.
The definition of love here shows hope and despair. A special feeling called love, intoxicating, unbearable. Like the taste of lemon in summer, their love tastes sweet and bitter.
I don't see any room for sci-fi-flavored ideas. There must be something happening in that city. And it certainly plays into the feelings of its people. If ... that's the problem.

mature stories set in modern dystopias make me coom

Fed-Kun's army
Another series by the mangaka of "Koi wa Ameagari no You ni"!?!! Great, instant follow.

Double-page supporter
So I was wandering around Japanese Twitter to see the reaction to the release of Volume 1 for this series and I found this, an interview Mayuzuki Jun did with the website ITMedia to coincide with the release of Volume 1: https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/2002/19/news012.html

I was able to glean that this interview covers what the inspiration was for creating this series and what her thoughts were creating another series coming off of Koi wa Ameagari no Youni. I would greatly appreciate it if Roselia and LED MEX Scans could translate this interview to get specifics on what was talked about.

Edit 2 (February 23, 2020): So there was a Part 2 to the ITMedia website interview that was released today, goes without saying that this needs to be translated in addition to Part 1: https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/2002/23/news003.html

Edit: I also found another interview published the same day on the Tonari no Young Jump website, this one done with noted Voice Actor Tomokazu Sugita: https://tonarinoyj.jp/article/entry/2020/02/21/170000 It would be greatly appreciated if this interview was translated as well.

@horsewithnoname, I don't think the "generic" in the title means non-specific like it usually does.

It must be the "Generic" in "Generic Terra Corp". It's a corporation created romance?

Dex-chan lover
@Male I know, it should mean something. Only noticed it at that last update tho. That was quite a turn. Its not that great of a twist (thus far), just i didn't expect it from this mangaka.

How would GeneTerra come to the story though? All we got is the fake earth thing and mascot for now. I don't think their realty office is owned by GeneTerra, although the whole Kowloon land area might.

maybe her amnesia is due to an accident related to that fake earth and only she see the fake earth thing still pristine and intact? idk. would explain why the coworker guy hates the mascot tho.

One of the best manga i've read till now.
Thinking about a definition, i should say "vaporwave comic"

Saw this cool infographic about Kowloon! Maybe you guys might appreciate it too.

https://i.redd.it/5fp8ci52dxq41.jpg

There's more than amnesia going on here... IRL Kowloon Walled City was torn down in the early 1990s, and yet, the manga is clearly taking place in the modern 21st century, as per smartphones, internet/instagram, and even the flat panel monitors in the workplace.
Yet the engagement photo is on an old style photograph.

The art and setting are really cool, but the plot moves pretty slowly. I wouldn't mind that if I didn't find the romance so grating. There are a lot of mysteries here, but the biggest mystery to me is why female mc* likes rude dude.

*she's barely an mc. She seems to exist just to react to rude dude.

Users who are viewing this thread