Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Expressing Superiority and the Defintion of Closeness

I never realy understood these "kun", "san", "chan" and etc suffixe's.
Why is it so hard to say someone's name without suffix in japan? Like i get it. It shows that you respect someone and etc, but tbh if i would be in japan right now (and if i could speak japanese) i would say someone's name without any struggle.

Well...shit i forgot that..........anyway the post was not about this (i mean suffixe's not being exclusive for japan)

Dex-chan lover
@Werducc

Calling someone with given name is very disrespectful, usually people who are really closed to each other like a best friend or given a situation where there is more than 1 same family name.

Very common for husband and wife not calling given name to each other, usually address them as honey, husband, wife,dad, mother etc
Even with sibling with onii, onee etc

Well at least that what I heard from my friend

Things I learned from anime... Never Lie from Yanderes. I feel like the Loli has the Yandere factor.

@maverun

As an Korean-American who follows Japanese culture it is indeed very rude to say a name without suffixes when meeting with anyone. The only time it is ok is when you are very intimate or close. On the contrary if two people have the same family name it is okay to call them by the first name with suffixes as it would be confusing without it.

bruh look at how he's drawn when he says he first name.
x10.png

Dex-chan lover
Hm... Something feels wrong in that last page. Sure, she's blushing, but it doesn't look like a smiling face. She looks sad.
Did I miss something?

Users who are viewing this thread