Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
Such a nice guy got scary really quick, lol.
@Dezaki
She's proven to be pretty freaking strong so far, and the only ones who might be able to do anything to her right now are the adventurers. All of which are either on her side, or terrified of 'the bear'.
@alpabet
Wouldn't it be a bit funny if he's sitting down to eat some eggs when the Lord shows up, causing him to go even more berserk?

Double-page supporter
I suspected him a little that the lord had nothing to do with the problems of the orphanage, but the fact remains that he too is guilty in this matter.
If he had sharpened his brain when that man was practically licking his boots, he wouldn't have reached this point.

Dex-chan lover
@Tanatama
@zeroxjac
@Akabane

Well as far as she knew the lord was the one in controll, and to some extent he is partly guilty for neglecting to supervise his more powerful servants.
The light novel was pretty clearly written arc by arc so there was not a lot of planning ahead but.....

Spoilers for an arc likely to be two years into the future at this rate ( related to the envazzelment plan ).
You find out ALOT later how he was planing to get away with it becouse honestly it's a terrible plan to so obviously be embezzle money.
TL:DR if he had managed to take the money outside of the city the lord would not be able to accuse him off stealing the money Because of political reasons and personal connections of the family the fat guy belongs to. ( witch by the way is basically the lord's families arch rival, or at least his wife who have yet to show up in the manga)

So because Yuna made Cliff ( the lord ) aware of the problem much sooner than was expected (s he counted on the lord being busy with other things like the present to the king and so on )
He got caught before he was ready to skip town witch was his only real problem as if he managed to leave town he would have been scot-free.
Its kind of strange that they would hire a person with clear conections to what basically is the lord´s familys arch rivals....
But it likely was not planned to be like that when this first few chapters were written as this is only explained like six arcs later.
for context we are just about done with the second arc.

Dex-chan lover
Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko had a similar situation. The duke and his family are the nicest people you could meet: always working towards the well-being of their people. However, money was embezzled for the lower class that was meant to pay for cleaning the septic pits, allowing them to overflow and eventually become tainted with a contagion that could become an epidemic. Fortunately, the MC had cleaner slimes disinfect. However, corruption can happen at any level of government and requires constant vigilance.

I suppose surprise inspections and harsher penalties would be a good start

Dex-chan lover
@Ifrittuccia
Can't blame the town lord. As a lord, he has plenty of responsibilities and should delegate responsibility of some things to trusted people. If one of those persons is a liar who abuses his power and impedes people from reporting him, the lord wouldn't know about it until someone, like Yuna, goes around the chain of command and reports it directly.

Dex-chan lover
Awww, they missed my favorite part where Yuna tells Cliff that he can buy eggs for his daughter, Noire, but none were available for him personally. It shows that Yuna at times when children are involved can either be a benevolent or malevolent god.

Yuna to all children in the world.
398.jpg

Dex-chan lover
There is a difference between something like criminal guilt, and responsibility more generally.

The lord is responsible for delegating badly. He seems prepared to accept that responsibility.

Given what happen to the children, I would have the perpetrators dressed in heavy clothing, and then beaten with knotted ropes until their corpses were naked.

Dex-chan lover
@Laughing_Snake "I'm more surprised that nobody brought it up to the lord that the orphanage is begging for food"

Yepp. That's the reason why, when you run things, you create something like a complaints department, that accepts anonymous complaints, even if some people are just badmouthing stuff for their reasons.

I, in the Lord's shoes, wouldn't act too hasty. Let that pig and his family be monitored for 1-2 months, to see who is loyal to them and strike then. Or when it looks like they are trying to leave the country, for what reason ever. This way you can root out more corruption....but don't investigate for 2 years or so, as you let the corruption spread.

@Lyanhyrt

I thought that line came from Yuna too, sadly it didnt. There was another line I thought Yuna said, where she understands where he comes from but its not the human thing before the lecture so I re-read the chapter to make sure before I posted. It turned out Mylene said my line I was thinking and she also said the line you were thinking.

In the chapter he complains to Mylene that now he can't have eggs for his daughter so she offers to send him back with just her portion and he says, "There isn’t any for me?" Followed by Mylene saying, "There Isn't"

Chapter 44 if you want to read it.

@Qelix I think that was going to be the plan but
When the raided the pig nobles home what they found and the evidence they found was so bad that there was no point in keeping them alive anymore.
I do agree that he really needs to investigate all the people under him to make sure the corruption has come to a halt.

Users who are viewing this thread