Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
@Brutu - I don't remember if it's made clear in the manga, but in the novel, Yuna is prejudiced against nobles. Because she has read enough books where nobles are corrupt pigs.

@Laughing_Snake - I think that corrupt noble made it look like it was on the lord's orders, and not enough people doubted that.
But it's still strange that no church official tried to talk the lord out of that. This novel's church is very mysterious in that no priest has ever been shown (including all the english-translated WN), and the only reason we know people have religion is when they say that church can heal for a lot of money.

@Qelix - monitoring the corrupt person to catch his connections is a wise thing to do, but the lord also has to consider reputation losses. And not having pudding.

@cpz - it was a recent present from that corrupt noble, so the gesture is symbolic.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan: Pudding, huh?...Okay. That IS a serious issue. Reason enough to do make haste. 🤤

Double-page supporter
What did that unicorn statue do to you? Why are you throwing it? Where did it even come from? It doesn't appear on the desk itself or anything before it gets thrown, so did he pull one out of a drawer or something in the desk just to throw it?

Ooh a greedy noble betrays his magnanimous lord and hurts his beloved peasants!?! Mmmm this feudalistic parable massages my brain just right, I can feel the folds and wrinkles smoothing right out. I hope lord daddy take down bad noble man without hurting him cause he very good. Goo-goo gah-gah I am a peasant-brained isekai author now.

edit:smashmouth DONT eat the egg

Contributor
A subordinates sin is also their superiors sin.

Honestly they wandered around the whole town begging for food, that he didn't notice that while claiming that he knows so much about his town, is showing how incompetent he really is.
incompetence.thumb.gif.308817d06060d81fb43f6730655a3f0f.gif

Said fat pig is going to become a premium pork chop. I'd feel sorry for him if it weren't the orphanage he screwed with. The villain is almost always the fat guy. Should have seen that coming.

Dex-chan lover
So the issues with the orphanage can conveniently be pushed off on a side character that has never been seen before and will never be seen again. Manga’s obsession with portraying characters solely in black and white terms is pathological.

Dex-chan lover
@gum_rummy
What are you talking about? We already saw this side charactere (ok one page 2max) he was the noble that give the unicorne thing from the last page. (Sorry for the bad english )

Dex-chan lover
@MiiaBestWaifu No worries.

Maybe he showed up somewhere before, but my overall point is that I feel like it's kind of lame that the blame is going to be pushed onto an extremely minor character. Just to show what a good guy this random noble is? How fuedalism is somehow justified or something? It's just weird.

Aggregator gang
@gum_rummy "How fuedalism is somehow justified or something?" No. If you read the WN, it's even worse (or better, depends on your preference) since there's no foreshadowing whatsoever about that corrupt noble. As the author said in chapter 44 of the WN:
At last, the story of the orphanage that I wrote on a whim has finished.

I started writing about it on a fancy, so I was troubled as I couldn’t think of a reason for the orphanage to not have money.

Cliff is a good feudal lord, so he would offer money to the orphanage.

Then, what would happen to the aid money?

I didn’t set up a “Cliff is evil” setting at the start, so,

the candidates were Miss Director or a subordinate of the feudal lord, and I chose the latter.

I also ended up writing the conclusion without considering the ending. This was a bad case of that.

While I was planning about writing that situation as I was writing it, I felt considerably exhausted, but I thank you for your understanding in the future from now on as well.

There are many such cases about the author's lack of planning in the future chapters, so if you find it lame and despise this style of writing, then this manga is not for you.
I personally find it lame at first, but reading all those author's notes was amusing and it made me forgive the author's whimsical style of writing. Sometimes it feels nice to turn off my brain and reading this kind of isekai full of flaws and plotholes without thinking hard about foreshadowing, twist, character development, and all those complicated things.

Users who are viewing this thread