Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Vol. 4 Ch. 33

@cyoteblack nope, the responsibility still fall to the highest hierarchy, which is the town lord. He failed to supervise his direct subordinate who was in charge of the orphanage fund. It was his job to prevent such things, yet he failed to do so.
By the time anyone (Yuna in this case) reported this embezzlement (which was honestly quite impossible in that era due to nobility power), the deed was already done and it was too late

Fed-Kun's army
@Goldenzeal
really? im reading the ln/wn now and it takes a bit to come out, what it seemed like is he never liked them much due to personality, but the guy knows they killed his relative so it goes a fair bit more hostile. also as far as I know, he doesn't know why they were killed, just that they were killed. he is currently an ass, but how big of an ass is still yet to be said.

I said this in the novel, and I say this again. Though it's quite true that the town lord is partly responsible for this mess, what Yuna did to the town lord was also a dick move.
It's not about not getting eggs. It's about Yuna tarnishing down the town lord's reputation to the ground. Instead of directly challenging the town's lord, she immediately made assumption and did a roundabout move that, not only make the town lord's relationship with the commerce guild worsen, but also the view of people, especially merchant to the town lord worsen. It makes every merchant in the city speculated that the town lord might done something wrong to anger a rare item supplier. Once like that, it will be hard to restore his reputation. Not even the commerce guild lifting the ban will restore the reputation. All that did will most likely makes people to think that the town lord might paid the commerce guild with money to lift the ban, and this will create a corruption rumor.
But of course, this is a mostly light hearted fantasy. All that realism about reputation will not apply to this manga, and the town lord got his reputation back in a jiffy. Hurray!
But it's still a dick move by Yuna. This is the only time I didn't really like what Yuna did.
IIRC even Yuna herself admitted she didn't like this kind of action
. Thank god this kind of thing only happened once.

Dex-chan lover
@Airantu 😥 Welp it's clear it's time to re-read the WN again. But still it shows Yuna is able to restrain herself while being vindictive to not harm innocent people howsoever close they're related to the target of her wrath.

Dex-chan lover
>i cut their funding and that's why the orphanage is struggling?

in other equally surprising news, water is wet

Dex-chan lover
Towns, cities, provinces, and countries get increasingly difficult to manage as you go up the ladder. We already see the lord was doing a shitload of paperwork; those documents almost certainly need his seal of approval to get the ball moving. He also has his family as well as maintaining relations with the guilds and other parts of the kingdom; so naturally he had to delegate some of his workload. He definitely needed some kind of oversight; which I’m sure he’ll implement now. And in the long run, she did him a huge favor. Catching that bastard before he possibly skips town saves his neck and status too.

Reporting it to the lord won't happen.
Nobility is supreme in this series and commoner wont have the guts to report a nobility to the lord and that corrupt nobility will take step to ensure that the lord won't find out. By bribery or threatening and maybe even silencing by death.

Double-page supporter
Figured this would happen. Granted, he's still at fault for not paying enough attention to his town to realize the situation the orphanage was in when the children had been so commonly known by the shopkeepers at that point.

Double-page supporter
@Cyoteblack I'm sorry but I don't agree with you, here the excuse of the workload is not contemplated.
The lord of the city has made a mistake as a beginner let's face it.
The first mistake is to accept gifts from the nobles without wondering what they want from him because nobody does anything for nothing.
The second mistake was to find out who is hiring, in this case that nobleman from what I understood was not the first attempt at fraud, moreover the lord would have had to check the support of the people he hires, if they have important friendships that can help them in these cases and if so who they are.
All these are basic things that a lord should already know after a certain period of time, a beginner's mistake that was costing the lives of innocent children.
If Yuna wasn't so strong and famous, do you really believe that the lord would have listened to his voice so easily?
Yuna did not go to the lord to complain because he had promised her to the director, but prevented him from buying eggs not only out of spite but also to lure him to her without breaking his promise. :/

Users who are viewing this thread